Would people prefer B100 or blended BD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would people prefer B100 or blended BD

I am curious about the uptake of Biodiesel here. Is it based on B100, b50, b10 or b5? What is the price point to buy 5-10c cheaper than dino fuel? 15c? 20c? There seems to be a lot of interest in getting BD and I am looking at the prospect of supplying them in one manner due to all host of issues. The question is - would people prefer to buy b100 and blend it themselves or in blended form. This is just a preliminary research and I hope to get some response. . The diesel I am looking to supply are BD from plants mainly (no WVO), that meets the necessary standards. However I am not sure how large the market is. For example for this forum members in Sydney or Perth, would 1000 litres a week be sufficient? Any input would be appreciated . Perhaps you may even suggest 2 different forms of supply B100 and B10. I am just trying to work out some viable means of distributing them with the least hassle and issues from one location.
    B100
    76.92%
    B50
    15.38%
    B20
    7.69%
    B10
    0.00%
    B5
    0.00%
    jong
    Biofuels Forum Newbie
    Last edited by jong; 22 September 2006, 06:37 PM.

Re: Would people prefer B100 or blended BD

Hi jong,
    You may be confusing people by calling it SVO biodiesel.

Can I suggest that you change the details to either just say biodiesel or to explain better what you are referring to when you say SVO biodiesel as SVO is a different product in its own right.

Cameron

Comment

I'm intrested but I am sure also that some people might be a bit on the shy side in responding or giving a direct answer based on the fact that you have asked such a question as your first post.

I don't mind either way I am just pointing it out.

By the way I would take B100 from a KNOWN supply chain and a known good manurfacture not from someone or some company that is unknown or won't let people know and provide details of their supply.
      Dave

Comment

You've left off B80. You might want to chase up Morris (find him in the member list) he was retailing a few different blends to the public in Sydney for a while and could probably tell you his experiences.
        The views from the forum members might be a little skewed as most of us are purists and would only want B100. The real public are not as educated as we are.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Thank you all for the post and suggestion thus far. Nothing sinister about my inquiry. Just trying to see the take up and the fewer the choice with the largest take up have all sorts of economic benefit.

What I meant by SVO biodiesel is the product is produced from organic plants like canola, palm, coconut...etc. I think there are very few engine capable of using straight SVO....perhaps I should have said just Biodiesel. but then people may think it could come from WVO..... . Anyway I will pay Morris a visit one of these days and perhaps others who are truly trying to get a market for Biodiesel....Any fisherman or boat operator out there who are contemplating using biodiesel?? Be good to seek your input too.....cheers

Comment

Working...
          X