PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Users Meet and Greet

SUZUDDIS
23rd December 2010, 03:09 PM
Merry Christmas to all.

I would like to offer a meeting of minds in Feb 2011 at a venue to be agreed.
For all users , Bio and Wvo. Come along and show off your vehicles and systems. The last meeting in Brisbane was a small group but enjoyed by all. I'll see if Ron and Julie will host again.

Don't hesitate to PM me or reply to this post.

Regards

Michael Jones
Brisbane

Robert
28th December 2010, 11:38 PM
I have moved this thread to the QLD area forum (http://www.biofuelsforum.com/qld_biodiesel_users/) (a more appropriate place than the "this form area", where you had it, which is meant to be where you discuss issues with this forum).
Also feel free to use the calendar function (http://www.biofuelsforum.com/calendar.php) of the forum to book events (once you finalise a date).

Good luck with organising the meet up and I hope it goes well.

SUZUDDIS
5th January 2011, 09:16 PM
I have found a venue and Julie and Ron of the Bru 4 U have agreed to host again. They have requested the last Saturday of February 2011.
I will put it into the Calender when it becomes available.

Again , if anyone has any questions regarding the location or times please don't hesitate to contact me.

I've been told that the Saturday afternoon would be good from lunch time onwards.

Regards
Michael:D

Captaincademan
6th January 2011, 01:43 PM
Hi Michael,

count me in, that sounds great. A mate of mine will probably come along too. just to confirm that is the 26th of Feb you are intending?

Also here goes for a shameless plug - I bought some beer from Julie of Bru 4 U, last week, and its fantastic. good price too. got the Carlsberg. down to 12 beers from 3 cartons.... hmmmm....

SUZUDDIS
7th January 2011, 10:54 AM
Cade

Fantastic. that makes 4 so far.

And yes the 26th of Feb will be the date to attend. This time they promised a longer time frame so we'll all be able to enjoy.

regards
Michael jones

Matt
29th January 2011, 09:48 PM
Good work,

Count me in, I'll be there. May even get them to put another Batch on for me, I am out of beer and bio, made the bio but need the beer (they make it better than I can)

mmmm, did Julie or Bruce mention me at all, I get my beer from there (have for years) and they know I run bio.

Matt

silver_fox_aus1
30th January 2011, 11:23 AM
Make that 5 Michael, Matt and I will be down have to order a cider to collect love my cider.
Also be in new vehicle show some of the things I learnt last time.

Gene
Love from the Baffle

Matt
30th January 2011, 12:12 PM
Make that Six (7 and 8 I suspect) in fact I am 5. Is anyone interested in half a batch (3 cartons approx $65-75) of corona copy? Have bottles will supply to any interested persons. (my brother used to go in with me but he has been posted to Canberra)

Matt

SUZUDDIS
30th January 2011, 01:28 PM
Matt

No Julie hasn't mentioned you by name but may have mentioned in conversation that she had a client making Bio. my memory isn't very good.

numbers looking better. good to see. :D I keep posting in the other areas but keep getting moved out. I'd like to see some wvo users agin too.

Julie said she would put a brew down. I'll bring some beer nuts:p I'll send her an email to confirm. Have a great day.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
16th February 2011, 11:27 AM
Matt

did you find a buyer for the extra brews ? I'd take one carton cause I can't fit three in the fridge.

Also , I've confirmed with Julie and Ron for the 26th. everything good.

Michael

vapor
17th February 2011, 09:29 PM
Merry Christmas to all.

For all users , Bio and Wvo. Come along and show off your vehicles and systems. The last meeting in Brisbane was a small group but enjoyed by all. I'll see if Ron and Julie will host again.

Regards

Michael Jones
Brisbane
inerested in meet please contact with details ty

vapor
17th February 2011, 09:39 PM
Merry Christmas to all.

Regards

Michael Jones
Brisbane
interested in meet please send details...vapor

SUZUDDIS
23rd February 2011, 09:02 AM
Vapor

sorry for the delay. been busy.

meeting this saturday , 26th. see the post about location.

regards

Michael

SUZUDDIS
23rd February 2011, 12:52 PM
Vapor

Sorry , I was in abit of a hurry this morning when I responded.
Saturday 26th (this Saturday) at the Bru 4 U facility at Zillmere.
48 Zillmere Road, Boondall.

from lunch time onwards.:D

regards
Michael

Matt
1st March 2011, 09:13 PM
Michael, my apologies I only saw this posting after the meeting. I am happy to part with one if you like, its in the fridge staying cool at 7.7 degrees courtesy of the sun. (solar powered camp fidge)

Thank you for organising Sat, it was a lovely afternoon and a pleasure to meet the faces. Its been quite some time since the first one and there were quite a few at that one.

Look forward to trying the coffee and popcorn maker out!

regards,
Matt

silver_fox_aus1
2nd March 2011, 10:15 AM
Thank you all Matt and I ha a great time one of my other sons David wants to come next time. Was so glade you picked up on the use of the brass in my heat exchange don't want to be driving down the road and taking water into my motor will get a stainless steel one made for both the generator and ute. Was so wonderful going on a 1500k trip for $5.

Matt was a pleasure meet you for the first time.

Tc all and look forward to the next one, have to fatten a pig to bring along next time.

Gene

Captaincademan
2nd March 2011, 01:40 PM
Hi Gene,

have a squiz in your messages folder mate.

look forward to seeing you all again too. depending on numbers, happy to have the next one at my place so we can put a brew on too.

SUZUDDIS
3rd March 2011, 08:37 PM
Cade

Hope you can handle a fatted pig cooking ?? look forward to that get together. :D HHHhhhhmmmmmm can smell it cooking now.
I vote June.

although if anyone wants to get together before then , send a pm.

regards
Michael

Captaincademan
4th March 2011, 05:21 PM
I tell ya what, your talking my language now.....

I have been known to leave a few sets of teeth marks in a leg of pork.....

SUZUDDIS
8th April 2011, 02:12 PM
Who votes for May ??

Any date ideas ?

Michael

vapor
8th April 2011, 07:58 PM
may interests me but a south side venue would be good :) vapor

SUZUDDIS
9th April 2011, 01:23 PM
Ok. sounds good.
what I would like to do and correct me everyone if it's not. I would like to be able to have it hosted by somebody at least once at their place to show how they do their processing. Cade has put his hand up for the next event and Gene has offered to bring a fatted pig for the bbq or spit. now this is obviously out of the ordinary and was not written in stone:D

I don't want to have Ron and Julie host a meeting all the time. mix it up and have a get together 3 or 4 times a year so we can all see what happens and hopefully throw some ideas into the pan. it doesn't have to be all about Bio or WVO. last time I brought along my coffee roaster (popcorn machine) and we roasted some coffee.

So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions , throw them in.

Michael

Captaincademan
9th April 2011, 03:48 PM
Hi Michael,

Yep my hand is still high. more than happy to have it at my joint. have a small backyard as you know, but at least it has a working bio processor! If gene is fair dinkum about the piggy, I will knock up a makeshift spit out of an old drum and some scrap steel I have lying around. might have to take turns on the crank though!!!

should be a good event I reckon.

I am a bit time poor though, so I will need a few weekends notice to make sure I can knock up the spit in time.

at least we can all put a brew on (with beer in hand!!).

Grey Hair - you better come to this one. You too Peda.

Gene, if you do bring a pig, will it be scolded and cleaned?

silver_fox_aus1
9th April 2011, 04:46 PM
Hi All,

Indeed I was, have a nice little boy picked out, can do him without a doubt.

p.s. when is the next get together

Can have a wake for my poor departed 4x4 short but tragic life ( noting to do with oil just owner stupidity.)

Gene
p.s. Other little projects would also be great a form of show and tell lol there are some very inventive people in the group and I am sure like me others would love to get other ideas.

Captaincademan
9th April 2011, 05:32 PM
haha, thats a top idea Gene! I knew there was a reason i liked you...

shame about the ute. I thought you had a good setup there with your heat exchanger.

How many kg will the spit need to carry mate?

silver_fox_aus1
10th April 2011, 03:44 PM
Minimum of 20 to 35 kg probably closer to 40 so have plenty of room in your freezer for leftovers.

If you bone it out and bag it you can nuke it and is like straight of the spit.
Especially if it is a long slow cook.

Bonaparte will bring down some sweet potato as well

Gene

SUZUDDIS
10th April 2011, 09:25 PM
Gene

I probably wouldn't have said I had a little boy picked out ??!!?? hahahhahahahhaaaa. don't bring to whole pig, we won't need that much food. Cade I have a motor drive lying around somewhere for the BBQ. I probabaly still have the long spiky thingy too that the meet can be cooked on.

Sorry the see that the Mitsi has died. I went and bought some of that stuff for my wife's car and it works wonders so thanks.

I dont' know a date but if anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to post it. I maed a comment for May but June / July sometimes is good as well. I can't make it during the school hols though.
Hope we can get some good ideas going this meet.

regards

Michael

Captaincademan
11th April 2011, 08:32 AM
It all depends on how many people we can get to come along. I think the promise of a little 'pork on your fork' roasted on a fire would probably do the trick!

I have a couple of motors too, but they run at 4000 rpm. probably a tad quick? might need to build some sort of meat guard if i was to use them! getting smacked in the ear with a flying hot pigs trotter may spoil the fun....:mad:

although we could make a party game out of it. we could call it pork roulette.... Any takers????:D:D:D

silver_fox_aus1
11th April 2011, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

Just as easy to bring a whole pig as cutoffs, besides that way everyone can be family and make a pig of themselves.

With respect to the speed you need to run at between 5 to 7 rpm according to the research I have done for a good rotisserie.

Captaincademan
11th April 2011, 01:39 PM
7 rpm it is. I'll put my thinking cap on to rig up something simple...

SUZUDDIS
11th April 2011, 06:49 PM
Cade
let me know if you need some help. Happy to put in some work.
might be able to con a mate to make a spit. I have a food grade drum from Ron and Julies still lying around.
My motor is for a smaller but still large BBQ so may not handle a 30kg pig :D

looking forward to catching flying pig. as long as it doesn't fly backwards.

Michael

Matt
11th April 2011, 09:53 PM
Like wise, if you need assitance, this is sounding seriously good pork and sweet potatoe.

I wont have much beer left but I will see what can be done as long as you bring that popcorn maker with you Michael!

PS the 100 series is running bio perfectly.

SUZUDDIS
11th April 2011, 10:09 PM
Matt

I was going to see if Julie wanted to let the beer fridge out for the afternoon :cool: A keg wouldn't go astray.

Hope the 80 didn't cop too much damage but looks like you moved on to 100 series. :eek: hoping to move up to a 2005 ford courier for B100.

Michael

Captaincademan
12th April 2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks for all your offfers of assistance guys, I might need to call on them!

I am actually looking forward to bodging up a spit. thought I would use one of my Methanol drums with most of the side cut out of it, leaving the two ends intact. a pair of steel legs for each end that form an angle and meet at the point of rotation for the skewer. Not sure what to use for the skewer yet, might clean up and sanitise a steel star picket??? sounds a bit ma and pa kettle though. thought it would be easier to sanitise siomething like that rather than try to sanitise a pipe. never get the inside properly clean.

Now the drive is a different story. thinking of cutting out a big disk from ply that I can use as a geared pulley on one of my slower motors. just need a suitably sized belt. might end up making one yet.

On second thoughts I might just hire one.....;)

smithw
12th April 2011, 10:39 AM
windscreen wiper motors work well, no need to gear it down

SUZUDDIS
12th April 2011, 10:49 AM
Cade
I might see what a copier motor does. can get my hands on plenty of old copiers. will trash one a get back to you.:D:D
I can see it now, a plywood gearbox.:eek:

might work and has given me an idea.
Michael

Cade. Ok. I've browsed the web for Spit roasting a pig. we are going to need a serious spit for 30 kg's of pig. Hhhmmmm, do we call upon our fellow members to hand over $10 to $20 each for a hire ? obviously Gene doesn't.
Gene, do you want anything for the pig ? can we offer anything for your attendance ?? fuel / oil ??

sorry , doing it agin. Cade are your children going to be upset by seeing miss piggy over a flame grill ?

Captaincademan
12th April 2011, 01:34 PM
Pitching in for the hire is certainly the easiest option...

dont worry Micheal, my kids have to grow up at some point. unfortunately the combination of living in town, being time poor and the current regulations make it so difficult to give your children a good founding in the realities of the food chain.

I think it is shaping up to be a whole day and a reasonable portion of the night event!!

just what the rum doctor ordered.....

Matt
12th April 2011, 08:06 PM
Sounds fine, I will ask my boiler maker mate about a stainless spit to put miss piggy on.

Good idea the fridge, how about the beans?

Money to pitch in is a great idea.

Happy to donate fuel too.

Matt

silver_fox_aus1
13th April 2011, 09:03 PM
Hi All,
Have been thinking about it today and I think I could make one for about $150 using pullys for gearing it down with some second had steel for the rest with an old 1500 rpm mtor we have laying about.

Seems that one way of another we will have 1 spit and perhaps more .

Does that mean we could have a spitting competition,.

Have to talk to Julie and see if there are any more stainless drums would be great for a spit as well.

Gene

SUZUDDIS
13th April 2011, 09:38 PM
Gene

The stainless kegs wouldn't be big enough. don't go spending any money on a spit. I'm sure we can get something together.

I'll have the beans bye the way Matt. will bring the roaster , grinder and plunger.

Michael

silver_fox_aus1
14th April 2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks Michael,
for the concern and perhaps I wont get it done by the next meet and greet, however we currently have 30 piglets, with several more baking so believe me mate, A spit would be a blessing here and wont go astray.
I get 2.5 ton of sweet potato a week for free so feed is not a problem for me but cooking them is, have only 25 more besser blocks to lay and have finished the outside walls to the new unit so have to have a party when it is finished.

In the past I couldn't get past the idea of having to use a commercial gear box to bring it down to 5 - 7 rpm but with the work I have been doing with pully's can now make one.

Some of the spits up here use a half 44 to put the fire in so can be set up in any back yard without damaging the lawn so if you cut a keg in half longitudinally you and welded the 2 halves together would not have to worry about replacing the 44 on a regular basis as they burn out. and if you do the same again for the top will act as a mirror and cook both sides. as well as much easier to clean.

Besides you get $50 to sell a 8 week old or 150 for a spit pig for $30 worth of feed as well as the spit hire and we are now coming into pig spit season. Pig and spit about $200 so is well worth the outlay.

Take care.

P.S. second hand ram steel goes for very little and is easy to get from the scrap metal yard. for the skewers heavy but wont bend.

SUZUDDIS
25th April 2011, 08:16 PM
Gene

Look forward to seeing the house. I'll put that in the calender !!:D

to everyone ..... how's the first Saturday in June ?? Saturday the 4th or Sunday the 5th ????
Let me know soon because it will be here before we know it.
For those who won't or can't come , we will have another event in maybe September / October. if you want it in your area then I'm happy to go most places. I'm sure most of the guys who are in the Brisbane forum would be willing to do a little travel.

Gene comes down from Bundy area so it would be good to at least go up there at least once.

Michael

Matt
27th April 2011, 08:00 PM
Looking forward to Michael's coffee particularly and some roasted pork and good company.

That will be lovely, looking forward to whatever happens. (That's life for you)

Matt

Captaincademan
27th April 2011, 10:21 PM
Hi All, Yep, The 4th of June works well for me. Happy to host at our house. Please PM me with your contact details so we can confirm numbers. I live near Northlakes on the north side of brisbane, close to the highway. As you can probably understand, am reluctant to post my address etc here, so please contact me for the details.

silver_fox_aus1
28th April 2011, 05:09 PM
Hi All,

Thank you Cade for your hospitality, date works well for me, the chicken mobile mark II is now fully operational so wont be a problem anymore can start on the spit next.

Was a real bugger putting petro diesel in makes a big hole in the budget.

See you then.

best wishes to all,

Gene

Captaincademan
23rd May 2011, 08:50 AM
Dear All,

To those people that are interested in coming but havent been in contact with me (if you exist!), the date for the get together has been put back to the next long weekend. It will now be on the sunday 12th June.

once again, if you would like to come along, please PM me first.

thanks again and look forward to seeing some new faces.:)

Grey Hair
23rd May 2011, 11:14 PM
The 12th suits me, sounds good. Will the pig keep that long? 100,000 and all's well. Now have 5KVA diesel gennie running when needed. We get a lot of power outs.

Matt
24th May 2011, 06:13 PM
Likewise, where did you get a 5KVa diesel gennie and what did it set you back? That is quite interesting, what one can do with a surplus of bio.

Grey Hair
24th May 2011, 10:31 PM
Matt, bought it over the net. landed at the door in a box for $1176.00 through SoldSmart.com.au Air cooled called a Diesel Silent (not that quiet) Same thing locally $2250.00 Tried to shop local but got the runaround, also got points value of about $35.00 off other things through them.

SUZUDDIS
25th May 2011, 11:31 AM
Hey this is getting bigger and better :D this pig will last that long. Don't panic I'm sure Gene knows what he is doing.

I'm really looking forward to this now , spit pig and beer :D:D:D:D yum.
I posted to the Scintex guys yesterday and they will put it on their calender. maybe we'll get a couple of their members as well.

Don't forget , if you can bring along something unusual or different that you do. I'm bringing along my coffe roaster, grinder and machine. I know Cade's dad has an interesting input :eek::D:eek::D.

see you there.
Michael

murf
25th May 2011, 05:39 PM
Dear All,

To those people that are interested in coming but havent been in contact with me (if you exist!), the date for the get together has been put back to the next long weekend. It will now be on the sunday 12th June.

once again, if you would like to come along, please PM me first.

thanks again and look forward to seeing some new faces.:)

would have been interested but I am already booked for a 4WD weekend :(

I will meet some of you one day :)

cheers Murf

SUZUDDIS
6th June 2011, 03:12 PM
Murf

looks like you might get that day sooner rather than later. We have had a change of date to the 16th of July. one of our members can't make it that weekend , His son's 21st so can't hold that against him. besides he's the major sponsor :D:D:D

Grey Hair
6th June 2011, 10:38 PM
Grey Hair will come, hope the weather's with us. What time ? would guess about 9 ish? Waiting for Captancademan to tell us. Have entertainment kit ready to fill in while pig is cooking.

Captaincademan
7th June 2011, 08:23 AM
There must be two of these threads. I posted a message on the local help in brisbane forum - thought I had the right thread. obviousely not.

As Michael and grey hair have intimated - the meet and greet is off this weekend.

I still think it will be an all day event, so I reckon we should kick off about 9am? I figure miss Piggy will take a few hours to cook so it should be right by lunch?

penny for your thoughts....

murf
7th June 2011, 04:39 PM
Murf

looks like you might get that day sooner rather than later. We have had a change of date to the 16th of July. one of our members can't make it that weekend , His son's 21st so can't hold that against him. besides he's the major sponsor :D:D:D

bugger :( Xmas in July that weekend at Dorrigo

need another 6 bags of KOH too, oh well will get a mate to grab them and bring them down again

cheers Murf

SUZUDDIS
14th June 2011, 10:46 AM
Murf

sorry mate. hope you enjoy the cristmas in July dinner though. :D I'm looking forward to ours. we will have another meet later in the year. please don't hesitate to get in touch with any one of us if you are in the beisbane area and we can organise some people to have beer and brew.

Cade , I'll go with that time. sounds good.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
6th September 2011, 02:27 PM
Guys it's coming to that time of the year again :eek: Who wants to get together ?

I thought an early Christmas gathering in November would be good. I'll go earlier if everyone wants but most people need time to put aside a day for Bio BBQ. for some reason I need to give my wife notice :confused:

anyway I'm putting my hand up first. We'll need a venue and unless I pull my finger out , my processor probably won't be ready.:(

Let someone know if you have the time.

regards
Michael

Captaincademan
6th September 2011, 05:21 PM
Hi All,

Count me in. Saturday the 19th November works for me. Any thoughts?

By the way - Tony, Robert or who else is able to make the change, I think there is a duplicate thread in 'local help in brisbane'? It is called Brisbane meet and greet. could you please delete the thread?

Bioben - would you mind please posting on this thread?

Sorry for the confusion - I think it was caused by me posting a second thread accidentally yonks ago.:o

Grey Hair
6th September 2011, 06:10 PM
Great, I'll come if I can(In my old battle axe) let us know when and where closer to the date. Thanks. Also would any one be interested in lead casting? as I could demo for fun.

Tony From West Oz
7th September 2011, 12:14 AM
Hi All,

Count me in. Saturday the 19th November works for me. Any thoughts?

By the way - Tony, Robert or who else is able to make the change, I think there is a duplicate thread in 'local help in brisbane'? It is called Brisbane meet and greet. could you please delete the thread?

Bioben - would you mind please posting on this thread?

Sorry for the confusion - I think it was caused by me posting a second thread accidentally yonks ago.:o

Cade,
I have CLOSED that thread so no-one can post there.
It can still be read as there are some posts which may be of interest in the future.

Tony

Captaincademan
8th September 2011, 09:04 AM
Thankyou Tony.

Better not make it too far away, or Grey Hair's battleaxe may not make the distance......

SUZUDDIS
8th September 2011, 12:29 PM
Cade , I like your humor :p thanks Tony, that's probably my fault as well.
I like the 19th of November as well.

Yes Lead casting sounds great, bring it along. Like I have said earlier I'm happy to host but am always looking for somewhere to go to.

Also , Feb or March next year we'll see if Gene will host at his place. I'm getting in early as you can see. :cool::D
Have a great day.

Michael

silver_fox_aus1
8th September 2011, 03:35 PM
Hi All,

I would be only to pleased to host as long as you like moving back to the middle ages for services. Early Feb is not uncommon to be flooded in for a week or so late march or early April is usually much safer rain wise 170 Feb, 115 March and 105 April.

As long as my Ute is going again by then Nov Sounds Great.

Gene

vapor
8th September 2011, 08:13 PM
can meet my place rural area, b,b,q. ok drinkies og 35 min out of ipswich on cunningham highway. .....my "cademan"processor 60%finished like to meet u all again ...bill:):):):):):)

Matt
8th September 2011, 08:26 PM
Count me in. Happy to do just about anything. Just get the kettle going nudge nudge if thatis what you call it.

Matt

SUZUDDIS
9th September 2011, 10:13 AM
Bill
I'm happy to come to Boonah. it's not that far away on Bio.
Make a day of it or overnighter. haven't been out your way for a few months.

Gene , if there is anything you need for the car that you can't get in Bundy , pm me and i'll pick it up. hope the boys are good and things are working out at Baffle creek.

Michael

Matt
9th September 2011, 09:29 PM
I too am happy to go that way and stay overnight in a swag. Let me know If I can help out anyone in some way. It amazing what you can scrounge.

silver_fox_aus1
10th September 2011, 09:32 AM
Hi Michael,

New motor, wheels, gearbox, diff, seats, hang on will shorten the list new ute.

Same old problem fuel blockage in IP pump some times works some times doesn't has been a fuel problem but sorting it out with my blending.

Thanks for the concern and offer Michael appreciated.

Gene

SUZUDDIS
10th September 2011, 01:46 PM
Gene
You do know that changing the seat and wheels won't fix fuel problems ..:rolleyes:
What's the filter process like ? You still using oil of chicken ??
Why did Genes ute cross the road ? To get to the chicken drum on the otherside.:p sorry , that was suppose to be funny.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
19th September 2011, 05:20 PM
Hey Guys. So is it the 19th of November at Bill's place (Vapour) ??

I want to pencil it into my calender so I can plan. I like to be organised :cool:
let any of the members know if that doesn't fit. My settled oil is looking nice. should be able to bring some along.

Michael

vapor
21st September 2011, 08:03 PM
Merry Christmas to all.

Regards

Michael Jones
Brisbane
suz... am happy to host meet @ greet at my place as previously offered, but don't want to co.ordenate it . perhaps you or cademan could do the organising? prefer to correspond (all bio people) by phone about between5.30-6.45 pm ....."cademan"type processor 3/4 finished . question...to wash bio can i use well water, not nice to drink, fairley high salt content????? any one?? phone no 0754638261..

Matt
21st September 2011, 10:02 PM
Salt water should be fine, salt is used to break emulsions so it will help reduce the emulsions as you wash. Hard water is better than rain water so you should be fine. Thanks for the invote so I will respond and say I will be there. Cade or Suz can coordinate.

SUZUDDIS
22nd September 2011, 09:52 AM
Bill

Either Cade or Michael , (SUZUDDIS) and I should be asking Cade if it's ok to post his name ??:o would be happy to co - ordinate the event.

also try to avoid posting your phone number in the thread. don't want un expected calls. try PM'ing to people who request it only.

So for the time being it lok slike the next meet will be at Bill's place just over near Ipswich in November. :D it's in my calender and I have room for a couple of people in my clunky jeep.

Michael

Captaincademan
22nd September 2011, 02:30 PM
Hi All,

Count me in, but i wont be staying the night unfortunately, thanks for the offer Bill. If anyone from brissy is not staying, I am happy to provide a lift down and back no probs. I might have grey hair and stewie on board so will probably have room for one extra.

Ausdealer
26th September 2011, 11:58 AM
Hi, I hav e just found you and joined up. I would be very keen to meet you and would be very happy to attend the meet and greet day. If there is any one from either Brissy or Logan area that is not staying overnight I would much appreciate a lift to and fro. I have just started gathering the required bits to commence making Bio so any ideas/suggestion etc more than welcome. Catch you later and hope to see you soon, Chris

SUZUDDIS
26th September 2011, 02:05 PM
Hi Chris

Follow the post, the date is posted for the 19th of November.
If you have any questions regarding Bio , read all the fprum info and use the search functions. you'll be supprised what you find. but come along to the Bris meet and meet some of the guys here in Brisbane. We ask that you come along and bring some thing that you do. ie make or break ??
I roast my coffee so I bring some of that. Cades dad has a great recipe that he likes to show ....
anyway if you have any questions ask in the forums and if you want directions for the meet and greet send me a PM (Personal Message) and I'll give you Bills address.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
15th October 2011, 06:37 PM
I have been speaking with Bill this afternoon and have his address for the next meet. If anyone needs it please let me know. I,ll pm or email.

Regards
Michael

Matt
20th November 2011, 09:35 PM
A big thank you for a lovely day, thank you our host and his better half for an interesting and entertaining lunch and get together.

Looking forward to the next one, any questions on how to do the btach just post here or send a message.

SUZUDDIS
21st November 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks Bill for hosting at your place. it was good to get out of town under the stars and sit by the fire and have a chat.

Thanks Cade for showing a better way to peel a potato. boom boom.
it was good to meet a few more members and chat about differing opinions on what is best to do.

Will organise the next meet in Feb then I'm looking at May for a trip to Baffle Creek near Bundaburg for Gene's place.
August and then November 2012.

Captaincademan
21st November 2011, 01:41 PM
FFOOOOOOOMP!!!!!

It was good wasnt it?

Bill, top marks mate for a great day. I love the Meth mixer. defintely gunna build one of those. It was great to meet Jens and Peter, I love the fact that at each bio meet we all learn something new, and meet new people who have so much to add.

I would love to make our little south east quarter the enviable epi-centre of queensland bio brewing!

Thankyou to all for making it a top day, and in particular Bill and Sheryl for being such welcoming hosts.

To those who didnt come, you missed a great day.

vapor
21st November 2011, 05:48 PM
bio meet @my place thanks to all that came was a great day ,forgot to use the black stuff!!, "j" next meet bring centrifuge @ u w'ont have to buy fuel to get home !...lets try to get more people interested in bio to next meet am willing to host another here. don't forget spud "comp mentioned 4 next meet keep in touch....bill

Bueff
21st November 2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks for mentioning that, kind of embarrassing, but the Lux only got a small tank :-) will see that I get the second tank fitted before I come up next time, was heaps of fun, looking forward to the next party, regards to your lovely wife, I'll let you's know about the black stuff. Good to meet you's all !!!

tillyfromparadise
22nd November 2011, 10:57 PM
When and where is the next meeting?

Tilly

SUZUDDIS
24th November 2011, 02:49 PM
Hi Tilly

it's a bit too early to tell yet. we certainly had more entertainment this time as we where able to let our hair down with regards to the kinds of things we could get up to in the afternoon. can't make too much noise in the built up areas of Brisbane where is we could make one hell of a noise out on Bill's property.

Next meet I propose is in Feb 2012 unless anyone wants to have another before then. I'm all for it but don't want 10 get togethers in a year as it would get a little boring.
Like I keep telling everyone , if you put your hand up to host then most likely it's yours.

Michael

Bueff
24th November 2011, 09:13 PM
Hi all,

just had the idea to put it to my landlady to host the next meeting, I am pretty sure that will be fine, the only downside is, no potato peeling comps. as it is near Nimbin and the blues are a bit touchy already:o
camping no dramas got a big shed an a paddock, bring the better half, my wife offered yoga and massages for a good price if someone is interested.
I'll keep you posted.

have a good evening

Bueff
26th November 2011, 07:16 PM
Hi guys,

we got the thumps up for a meeting in Nimbin in Feb if you are happy to travel that far. Let me know.

enjoy your weekend

Jens

SUZUDDIS
13th December 2011, 06:26 PM
Starting to put my potato launcher together for the next meet. can't wait to compare with Cade and his small planet launcher. :D lookout ducks ! (no ducks were hurt in testing of all products)
might find something else to play with as well that requires Silver Fox's black pudding.
Jen's can we launch at your place ? if not I'll check with Bill and see if he wants to host again or find another property.
Pack a tent and Aim for Feb 2012

Michael

Captaincademan
13th December 2011, 07:25 PM
hmmm. sounds like a challenge.......

Bueff
14th December 2011, 05:13 AM
Hi Michael,

I am impressed with your enthusiasm about your new potato peeling device ;)

Unfortunately no peeling in Nimbin, the property is only 17 acres and near the Rocks, so sound would travel fairly good. I think the blue dressed people in their fancy cars might find it not quite as amusing as we do. And they are a bit touchy in this area anyway, so it looks like we have to harass Bill again.

Could I suggest the 11.2.? Will be away the weekends after and don't want to miss out on the big boys day out.:cool:

cheers have a good one

Jens

SUZUDDIS
14th December 2011, 12:31 PM
I'm good with 11th Feb 2012. Cade want to check your brides Calender for work ?

otherwise it's a gentlemens challenge ??:o

Michael

SUZUDDIS
1st January 2012, 09:09 PM
Bill (vapor) has agreed to host again and surprise surprise has built a potatoe peeler To have a showdown. I should have mine finished by then and hopefully tested. Looking into smoking some bacon so might have some to try when I get there.

I would like everyone to take a small sample of there oil and fuel to compare.

Michael

Bueff
5th January 2012, 12:38 PM
She "Why do you Boys always have blow things up?", He "You wouldn't understand". Looks like I better bring the big cooking pot for the mash potatoes :).

What date is the potato peeling comp? Still aiming for the 11.02? looking forward to it.

cheers Jens

SUZUDDIS
5th January 2012, 04:23 PM
Jens

yes the 11th sounds good. I haven't had any feedback from anyone else as yet but Bill is looking forward to throwing a few spuds at the pond again.
It's alright , I get the same response when I mention launching the big bang theory.

Michael

vapor
2nd February 2012, 08:07 PM
hi bill here just replying so i can recieve e mails again.

vapor
2nd February 2012, 08:12 PM
11th fine .all welcome bring any big boys toys ! ! to share .

Captaincademan
2nd February 2012, 08:46 PM
Bill,

Really looking forward to it again! I'll be bringing Grey Hair and Stewie. That's 3 from my camp.

Wont be staying the night on account of my passengers.

Will take the cruiser for its first long highway run since the rebuild.;)

see you all again soon!

Cheers,

Cade.

SUZUDDIS
3rd February 2012, 09:46 AM
Looking forward to it again. hopefully will have the launcher finished.

Have some black powder still and will bring it along. I was hoping to have more responses from the group but hey , we'll see what happens.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
12th February 2012, 05:23 PM
Well , we've had the first Meet for 2012 and had a new member to the forum come along. I'm betting he doesn't know what he got himself into :D

Small turn out this time but it was good to catch up. Jen , hope you got some work while the sun was out.

Anyway , in 6 weeks I'd like to host at Home if anyone is interested then we can look at an away gathering in another 6 weeks.

Have great week. thanks for a good time and I'll work out how to post the video clips. They'll probably go into photobucket and I'll attach a link.

Regards

Michael

Matt
17th February 2012, 11:06 PM
Bill, thanks for having us out it was a good treat. Been a long hard week so its taken time to get my finger out and say thank you.

Keepup the goog work and I hope those trees flower for you.

Matt

vapor
7th March 2012, 07:33 PM
michael i am replying to this old post because i have not recieved any e-mails since last meet.. HELP ! ! !

SUZUDDIS
17th March 2012, 04:55 PM
For the next meeting I'd like to be able to see someones processor making a batch or just after a batch and settling.

It would be good if we get some people together so some of the newer Brisbane users get an idea of what happens during a batch.
Like I mentioned in a previous post I'm happy to host but am happy to go just about anywhere as long as it is educational for all.

Hopefully the rain will go away soon so we can get some heat in the air to make processing a bit quicker.

Michael

Captaincademan
18th March 2012, 08:54 AM
Hideho,

I am happy to host again, no probs. should have the meth mixer up and running soon, so that will be a new talking point. If we can get a newby to come along, they can do the batch on my gear if they like. The best way to learn

Bueff
18th March 2012, 10:03 AM
Great idea, so we can blow things up at you place ??? :cool: when???

SUZUDDIS
18th March 2012, 11:18 AM
Alright yours it is Cade.

Make it next month some time and I'll no there. No bells though.
Let me know if you want any help before hand and I'll fit in some time.

Michael

Captaincademan
20th April 2012, 06:32 PM
I havent forgotten about the next meeting, and am still happy to host. Will talk to the minister of war and finance and all things homely this wwekend about the next get together.

It would be really good to get some of the other brisbane boys to come along too.

I'll put on a sizzle, just bring your refreshments, and maybe some nibbles to keep the wolves at bay for the mornign. put aside a day for it, its not much use getting together for any less.

Gene, havent heard from you for a while, hope all is going well up there, and it would good to see you again mate.

avagoodweekend.

SUZUDDIS
24th April 2012, 09:20 AM
you know I'll be there !! I'll bring some onions ?? got to have BBQ onions with some brew.
Loaf of bread and bits.

Look forward to a gathering.
Michael

Captaincademan
25th April 2012, 03:31 PM
OK, I have been a little Tardy organising it, but how about we go for the 19th May at my place?

I wanna focus the meet back onto Bio.

We need new faces, and it was good to see that Jim from Dutton Park is interested.

So it will be 9am kickoff. I will have a cold esky and fridge running. Will put on a sausage sizzle for all.

Please bring whatever you want to drink (alcoholic or otherwise! - dont feel you need to hold back unless your driving) and maybe a small plate of nibbles.

I will offer the use of my brewer and a batch of 200l of oil for a newby to get their hands dirty, doing the batch themselves under guidance from a few of the old heads.

For the more established guys, it would be good if you could please bring along some of your special gear you might have developed, be it a good bio recipe as a handout / flyer, or even just a nifty piece of kit. Michael I am interested to hear about your base/base success.

Am completely open to suggestions, and look forward to input from all.

Here's to COBCON 2012. (Chip Oil Baron CONvention);)

If you havent been to my place before - its near Northlakes on the Northside of Brissy. PM me for finer details.

Kind regards,

Cade.

Bueff
25th April 2012, 08:26 PM
Sound good Cade,

Could you also organise some good weather for the weeks leading up to the biggest event on the calendar, so I don't have to work again :D

So I hope I'll see you there !!!

Happy ANZAC evening everyone

Captaincademan
26th April 2012, 08:46 AM
Jens - I'll jump on the Bat Phone and put in a good word re the weather.......
:cool:
I spoke to Grey hair last night, and he will bring along R2D2, his latest creation for mixing Meth safely. Coupled with C3PO (my meth mixer) we could have a good old star wars convention. All we need now is a few Pod Racers, and we are sorted.....

vapor
26th April 2012, 07:56 PM
cademan full on 4 19th me peter +1 other. am running 2004 nivara on b100 now,cheers bill.

Matt
28th April 2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks Cade will be there too, and Bill it's about time.

Captaincademan
4th May 2012, 09:49 PM
Look forward to it Matt.

Just a reminder to all in Brisvegas, FREE snags and onions :D at my joint and a chinwag about all things oily. We will put on a 200 litre batch, done by a newby hopefully, from start to finish, and it wont be complicated. We will abide by the KISS rule, as I believe that's where all the greatest innovations occur.

There will be latest and greatest in Methoxide mixers made from junk, that will hopefully spark a bit of conversation and fine tuning.... (over a few brews!!)

come along even if you dont live in Brissy and want a saturday drive. There are at least two blokes from abroad that I know are quite interested, one from Down near Aratula and the other from Nimbin. So its worth the trip.

Saturday 19th May at 9am till late arvo. bring your grog and maybe a small plate of nibblies. I'll put on bread, snags, onions and sauce as usual.

Just a friendly collection of smiley and oily fellas looking for a laugh and cheap fuel....;)

If you have an innovation or nifty recipe, bring it along!

PM me for contact details and address. I am on the north side near North Lakes.

See you there!

Captaincademan
16th May 2012, 10:42 PM
Ok, so apart from the ever willing to help regular members in brissy, I havent had any interest from a single newby. I know there are new people to the hobby/way of life in brissy from looking at the recent posts. If we are to maintain the little local network we have, an injection of new folks would be great. Matt, Michael, Bill and Jens are examples of really good people that I personally have found extremely helpful. If you are local and struggling, learning or even kicking goals, we would love to have you along. I guarantee you will learn something, and meet some helpful people in the process.

If we don't have new people involved we will stagnate and then everyone will lose out.

This forum is fantastic. I have the administrators and colourful characters on here to thank for my recent bio diesel success and improvements. The advice you get is awesome. however our little group of greasers adds another dimension of physical help when needed, even if its just bulk buying power on our consumables.

So come along, you have nothing to lose!

Heres to a nice sample of amber ale.....

SUZUDDIS
20th May 2012, 09:56 PM
Cade

thanks again for an informative meet. Thanks to your dad for the lead education.
Thankyou for organising good weather and a shame no new members turned up , but oh well. Can't help everyone.

Thanks for organising R2D2 to come along. It gives me some pretty good ideas for the new mixer and also for a new processor.
Good to meet Peda and see everyone again.

Michael

Captaincademan
21st May 2012, 08:53 AM
Hi Michael,

I think it actually went pretty well. It was good to see everyone again, and I managed to offload a heap of filters I had, and managed to exchange a motor! The weather was pretty darn good I'll give you that. I'll have to swing the big bloke a bottle of booze as a thankyou.

Thanks to all for turning up, and I look forward to hearing about improved meth mixers on our basic design.

I am not sure how we atract newbies, I guess people just arent willing to spend a saturday on it.

regardless it was a great day, and was talking to Dad last night and he had a ball. I'll let him know for you Michael.

BTW it was great to see you again Peda.

Cheers to all,

ocsum
21st May 2012, 08:35 PM
Hi Cade,
I've talked to Micheal a couple of times about coming down to meet some of you guys for a get together.But as much as I'd like to come to Brissy, family (Hockey) and the occasional work seem to interfere with my lazy Saturdays.Don't be discouraged I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Cheers
Pete

brenden
21st May 2012, 10:04 PM
Look forward to it Matt.

Just a reminder to all in Brisvegas, FREE snags and onions :D at my joint and a chinwag about all things oily. We will put on a 200 litre batch, done by a newby hopefully, from start to finish, and it wont be complicated. We will abide by the KISS rule, as I believe that's where all the greatest innovations occur.

There will be latest and greatest in Methoxide mixers made from junk, that will hopefully spark a bit of conversation and fine tuning.... (over a few brews!!)

come along even if you dont live in Brissy and want a saturday drive. There are at least two blokes from abroad that I know are quite interested, one from Down near Aratula and the other from Nimbin. So its worth the trip.

Saturday 19th May at 9am till late arvo. bring your grog and maybe a small plate of nibblies. I'll put on bread, snags, onions and sauce as usual.

Just a friendly collection of smiley and oily fellas looking for a laugh and cheap fuel....;)

If you have an innovation or nifty recipe, bring it along!

PM me for contact details and address. I am on the north side near North Lakes.

See you there!

Hi Cade,
Just read your post, unfortunately Central Vic to Brisbane is just a little out of my way for a days brewing chat. Anyhow was wondering what brilliant ideas you guys came up with for methoxide mixing. We mix up about 80 L at a time in a plastic barrel with a big stick, then bucket it into the reactor. Just lookin for a simpler way. Look forward to any ideas. Cheers Brenden

Captaincademan
22nd May 2012, 08:55 AM
Hi Brenden,

For years i used to mix my methoxide with a drill stirrer in a big aluminium cooking pot, then bale into brewer with a steel paint tin. Decided if I was to make old bones, I should look at doing it a bit safer. Both Grey Hair and I have knocked up our own sealed mixers that work beautifully. The idea was based on a variation I saw of 250 downunder's, that used an old beer keg.

Mine is made from a beer keg which has just got 3 lengths of steel tubing screwed to the side of it for a stand. There is a 3/4 inch hole drilled in the bottom for an outlet which has a brass elbow in it and then a tap with a hose on it. a 'T' is installed which then has a clear pipe running up the side for a sight level. This has a tap on the top of it as well which I close when I pump out the brew.

the mixer is a threaded rod with a steel paddle on the bottom, which is fixed to an old air compressor pulley and clutch off the cruiser at the top. This is an ideal bearing mount as the front part of the compressor housing has bolt holes and a relatively sealed bearing for the pulley mount. Driving the pulley and stirrer is an old 1/2 hp washing machine motor.

A nitto style male air coupler is fitted with a small air tap to the top of the mixer, and the keg bung is modified to allow it to be easily removed and replaced and is held down against air pressure with a simple locking system made from reinforcing bar.

use of the mixer is quite simple. pump in the methanol using your sight level on the side to check volume. turn on motor and get the methanol moving. slowly add your caustic through the bung hole so it all dissolves. I run mine for 10 mins for a 200l batch (40L meth). fit bung and lock into place with reinforcing bar system. its now pretty air tight. attach compressed air line and slowly open tap. the mixed methoxide will be pumped under air pressure through the outlet at the bottom and into the hot oil in the brewer.

Grey Hair's is very similar in that it uses an old 50 litre hot water system upside down. slight modification to install a bung system using a 44 gal drum bung. motor is an old electric whipper snipper motor. goes like a cut cat. Dare I say it, Grey hair's is the better model. (only just).

I dont think the photos thing is fixed here yet, but will post a photo when i can.

They both work really well, and we dont get any fumes or splashes anywhere near us. A big step up for a couple of basic brewers like us.

SUZUDDIS
22nd May 2012, 09:33 PM
Ah bugger , I didn't take any photos of the steel Methoxide ENFORCER !!!

Cades Dad found an old steel hot water tank. he fixed some legs to it and somehow stuck a paddle mixer into it with a whipper snipper electric motor. goes like Cade said , like a cut cat.
There are plenty of fixings on the outside that you can fit pipes or valves or maybe a sight tube. I must say it should do a great job at mixing the methoxide.

Sorry I didn't take any photos.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
30th June 2012, 06:20 PM
Guys I think it's time to organise another meet for the Qld Biodiesel COBCOM

I am thinking about 6 weeks time that way everyone who celebrates Christmas in July should be done. Let either Cade or myself know if anyone has any deas but I'm hoping for some members from far and wide this time.
If we stick to making a batch of the golden fluid and have a look at some titration methods too.

If we have it at Bill's I'll just do the day trip but get there early. anyone else can ut their hand up or I'll do it here at my place. Brisbane outer north side.
PM me for details if you need contact numbers.

Kind Regards

Michael Jones

Bueff
30th June 2012, 06:57 PM
Qld Biodiesel COBCOM

You should have that registered. Sounds good, I will try to make it :rolleyes:

Let us know when its on

weedyau
1st July 2012, 04:38 PM
i'd like to come + wife to learn.

SUZUDDIS
7th July 2012, 06:32 PM
We just have to work out a location to host and a date then all go.....

Hold that look....

Michael

SUZUDDIS
13th July 2012, 08:25 PM
Ok. I have found a site for a meet and greet.
Bill has said it would be ok for everyone to have a meet at his house.
He lives at Willowbank or Fraser View to be accurate. We are looking at Saturday the 4th of August 2012.

For anyone that wants the address PM me or Bill (vapor) and all will be given.

I have asked Bill that we have a batch ready to titrate while heating at 10am Saturday morning. That way we can have it processing within 1 hour of 10 am. That means we can have morning tea , make some Bio and watch what happens.
Everyone can bring along something to entertain the group and make Bio.
A good day should be had by all.
Bills place is not far from the Amberley air force base so 1 hour from Brisbane and the same from Toowoomba .
Hopefully I will have my new processor by then so will have lots of Bio to show off.
Come one come all.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
14th July 2012, 10:21 AM
Sorry something I forgot to add.

I have purchased some wooden air bubblers from Utah. I have decided to give 2 away at the next meeting.
so if you want one come along. stick some names in a hat and see how lucky you are.

they are 3" Lee's wooden bubblers.

Michael Jones

SUZUDDIS
20th July 2012, 01:17 PM
What , no interest at all ??

Saturday the 4th of August nice and early at Bill's place.
Somebody fart here ??

Michael

Matt
20th July 2012, 08:28 PM
There is interest of course, I have it marked up in my calendar, been a busy week great to see it on again.

Matt

Ausdealer
21st July 2012, 04:17 PM
I to am hoping to be there. Just can't be sure until neare the day. How do I get the details of location etc please? Thanks, Chris

tillyfromparadise
21st July 2012, 06:08 PM
I too have it tentatively penciled in on my calendar. I have four free days and do need to visit Brisso on other matters so I might be able to squeeze it in.
If I come I will load up all the high tech production gear I have designed and bring it along. I will have plans available for purchase if I can make it.

SUZUDDIS
27th July 2012, 09:44 PM
I have the Lee's bubblers so will be interested to see who comes along.
Bill's really keen to have a group meet as am I. I also got my Silver Merc emblem BIO. Will have to install this weekend and take some pics.
Remember, next Saturday at Bills Place. Like I said PM me for details.

Michael Jones

Captaincademan
30th July 2012, 08:57 AM
Hi Michael,

thanks for the invite mate, but unfortunately neither Grey hair or me will be coming this weekend.

Theres a wayward steer that we need to fit in a freezer or two. That will keep us busy!

Hope you guys all have a top time. Tilly, was looking forward to meeting you mate, but alas, twas not to be.

maybe next time.

and Bill - hope those filters go well for you. I got them through Autobarn in bulk if you need more. thanks for the cheque mate.

Hooroo......

SUZUDDIS
4th August 2012, 06:46 PM
Well , what a day. what a turn out.

Thanks to everyone who made the trip to Bill's place , we had a good day. Thanks Bill for hosting the gathering again.
Tilly (John) thanks for coming all the way to say hello. Some new members from T'ba came down to have a look and play. Bill had his mate Peter come over and just about everyone from the local area's mens shed.
Matt and Jens scored the Lee's Bubblers so I can't wait for some feedback.

We titrated Bills oil then put on a batch and headed off up to the Lodge for some fun with the BBQ and some cold brews. some black powder (lots) was put into the Brass canon to play and a few potatoes were spread around the property. another fun day.
Thanks everyone for joining in.

Until next time take care. next time I hope to host as I will have my new processor built. can't wait.

Michael

Captaincademan
6th August 2012, 09:16 AM
Sounds like you guys had a BLAST!!!

couldnt help it, sorry!!

anyway glad you had a good time, sounds like I missed a great day.

Looking forward to the next one.

Michael any photos going round?

tillyfromparadise
6th August 2012, 01:27 PM
I thank Bill for his hospitality this Saturday. It was a good day out and I enjoyed meeting everyone.
I sold three (3) sets of plans to my latest cutting-edge technology biodiesel reactor.

SUZUDDIS
6th August 2012, 08:39 PM
Cade

sorry mate I didn't take any photos. only one of the bronze canon.
I'm not sure if Bill had his camera out but I didn't see it. maybe next time.

Don't think of photos, think aged rib fillet hanging in the fridge.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
14th October 2012, 02:05 PM
I cannot believe we are almost at the end of the year :(

I was hoping for a gathering next month but we are quickly running our of time and I have not finished my processor, I know I'm a bit slack but getting my hands on someone with a mig welder is proving difficult to organise.

Let me know if anyone is will to host.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
15th October 2012, 09:28 PM
maybe Grey Hair might put his hand up ??
I'm happy to bring along some snags if anyone is up for a short trip to the Sunshine Coast area ??

Michael

SUZUDDIS
18th October 2012, 01:05 PM
OK it appears that our last meet for the year will be held up the Sunshine Coast near Yandina. this is only 1 hour north of Brisbane so isn't too far away and is a nice drive on Bio.
Cade has kindly asked his father to host and should be an interesting gathering if he gets the Turk's burner running to heat up some oil.

I hear lard heats up very quickly using such a device.
PM me for time and address and I'll happily send it on. The date is yet to be decided on but will be in November.

Happy Bio and hopefully see everyone soon at Grey Hairs.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
21st October 2012, 08:22 PM
Ok
Brisbane get to get her is November 10th at Nambour.
Hopefully we will have some new members attend again.

Michael

Captaincademan
22nd October 2012, 09:00 AM
Hi All,

I spoke to Grey Hair last night, and yep the 10th it is.

As usual a bang up feed will be put on by the host (snags, onions and bread).

Michael, any chance you could bring some of that fantastic coffee?? :)

New Turk Burner will be front and centre.

Nice and early kickoff - say 8-30 to 9am.

finish up when it finishes.

There is room for a few tents if you would like to, there is a an outside toilet. The Redbacks arent that big a problem now that the taipans have moved in. The have kept the spider problem to a minimum (at least near the floor anyway). And the ceiling spiders arent that bad, cause the really big spiders are too heavy to climb, due to keeping the local rat population low.

Keep your zip zipped. (tent that is)

unfortunately no bang-bangs. (conservative neighbours).

PM me for address. suffice to say its about 5 mins north of a little town called Yandina, just off the Bruce highway.

Bring something for show and tell!!

should be a great day.

I'll show of my new toy too.

see you all there!!!

SUZUDDIS
22nd October 2012, 01:02 PM
Cade

sounds good. yes I'll get approval for the coffee and machine.
Look forward to it.

Michael

Peda
26th October 2012, 03:31 PM
Hi guys, I won't be able to make it and I want to announce that I am getting out of bio and my processor needs a good home, make me an offer of $200 or so and its yours, plus some sundry bibs and bobs, oil and drums etc. I am at Eatons Hill north Brisbane. I will post pics to any one inetersted. It is a Apple seed design 125ltr hw tank with digital electronic temp controler, 200 ltr wash tank, 200ltr oil settling tank mounted on a steel frame with caster wheels, all plumbed to gether via ball valves and one pump transfers the oil and unwashed bio and another pump transfers clean bio via a Walbro filter to the car.
PM if interested
thanks
Peter

Ausdealer
26th October 2012, 06:38 PM
Hi Peda, Not sure how to PM you but real keen on your system. My email is ellisons@bigpond.net.au

Maybe you could email me please?

Cheers,

Chris

Captaincademan
26th October 2012, 07:42 PM
Gee Peda thats pretty cheap mate!

one of the starters in the brissy area would do well to take this offer up!

Shame that lovely Patrol wont be getting any more amber oil though.:(

Captaincademan
31st October 2012, 07:32 PM
Well the last COBCON (Chip Oil Baron CONference) 2012 is almost on us, and I havent had a lot of replies or interest. Its only about 1hr north of brissy, just north of Nambour on the Bruce Highway.

I am supposing Micheal is in, and I know that Bill will be there. You coming Matt? I know Peter is out, but what about the rest of the motley crew?

should be a good day and worth the drive.

PM me for directions / address etc.

If you are thinking about coming and are a bit shy, don't worry we welcome all new people! would love to see some fresh faces with new ways of doing things, or newbies who need help.

See you soon!

Cade.

SUZUDDIS
31st October 2012, 10:10 PM
Cade
I'm in and I'm bringing Matt.
Looks like we might have a new person come along who lives up that way.

Will keep you posted.

Michael

Matt
31st October 2012, 10:23 PM
Yes we will be there, I am an oil baron, 2000 litres this fortnight. Ow it hurts.

Captaincademan
9th November 2012, 02:59 PM
COBCON November 2012 is almost on us. if anyone else needs directions, let me know now / this evening. There is plenty of tucker and a few beers put on, so there is no reason to not come! plus the snags will be cooked on the hottest BBQ known to man.

see you soon,

Cade.

SUZUDDIS
10th November 2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks Grey Hair for having us at your house.
A small gathering but as usual a nice group of people discussing Biodiesel and it's benefits. This was the last for the year and by the turn out probably the last to be had.

2013 will be a little different I think from the previous experiences and attendees. while I have enjoyed this gathering it's been a little difficult to organise for new members.
Thankyou to those who opened their houses for the COBCON 2012. i've enjoyed everyones company.

Have a great Christmas and a safe new year.

Michael

Biofrustrated
17th December 2012, 11:03 AM
Hi All, I'd be interested in coming to any events from the Sunny Coast (Im based on the Sunny Coast) thru to Gold coast.
Appreciate if anyone could let me know when events maybe on or where I can look to find out about events.

Thanks in advance...

Biofrustrated
17th December 2012, 11:05 AM
Hi Peter - do you still have your system for sale?

SUZUDDIS
17th December 2012, 02:25 PM
Hi Frustrated Bio

After the last gathering we decided to make the next meet a bit low key as nobody turned up.
Maybe in the new year we might have some other gatherings but for the time being nothing will be organised.

We did have some really good gatherings but it seemed they got less and less interesting as time pushed on. Less people came along.
What Cade and I tried to do was get a group of people together and make a batch of Bio or perform some titrations but also swap ideas of what people do with their batches.

There has been some very interesting ideas swapped and most of us have enjoyed meeting other like minded hobiests.
If we can get some interest then maybe we'll start a 2013 gathering thread for the new year.

I hope everyone has a wonderful christmas and a safe start to the new year.

Michael

SUZUDDIS
4th July 2013, 02:18 PM
It's been a while but for anyone intrerested check with the newer thread in the Qld section of the forum.
Let me know if you want to get together this year.

Michael