Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eco way to the top

gents.

just watched goodmorning sydney, about some dudes from here that are attempting to run a Pajero from Hobart to Norway without stopping at a servo. they also have a 6.5 meter boat that will allow them to island hop during the travels thru Indo.

as i watched i told the missus, either oil or bio.

yep, bio, they say that some of the countries they will be going thru, they are not too sure about being able to get deso. so the boy wonders stated they have a special contraption on the back of the Paj, that will convert oil into bio deso. sounds like a good idea, but my question to these boy wonders is, if they think they will not be able to get deso, how the hell are they gonna get Meth and Kaoh/Naoh in some of these more remote areas?

me thinks they have nothing more than a fancy filtering system and will be running on svo not bio as stated.

any thoughts gents?

Hobie
    if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

i too belong to P.E.T.A.
    people eating tasty animals.

Re: eco way to the top

found an article

chip oil ute on green way up

its on carsguide, but i reckon a quick google will do.

Hobes
    if it's FERAL, it's in PERIL.

i too belong to P.E.T.A.
    people eating tasty animals.

Comment

Hi Hobie,

The Green way up boys were here in a thread a while back...

http://www.biofuelsforum.com/biodies..._stations.html

After they were asked a few serious questions they disappeared from the forum.

Bill

Comment

Seen an artical in the local paper this week about these guys in Toowoomba collecting oil from local resturants and shops,
        Wonder how good their system is?
        I bet their motorbikes arn't running on Bio.
        96 Dual Cab Rodeo B100% since Jan 2011

Comment

There were big plans for a truck rig, but they seem to now have a Landrover Defender now. Unless that's stopped and they've moved to a Paj.

Not a lot of tech detail in any postings, just a lot of ra ra excitement about what we do each day - and being filmed for a documentary.

Tim
          Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
          12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
          Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
          Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
          Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Working...
          X