Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gal Crosses

All the plumbing places i've been to have said there not a plumbing fitting
    just wondering if anyone knows where i can buy them in sydney as tee's dont suit my system
    any help much appreciated
    sigpic

Re: Gal Crosses

ya could have a look in the yellow pages under "Hoses & Fittings--Supplies & Services. or Irrigation &/or Reticulation Systems.
    good luck.
    cheers Fantom

Comment

Yeah I was surprised that even Blackwoods who seem to have everything, have never heard of cross pieces. fortunately I didn't need them in the end, but if anyone knows where to get them please post it here.
      Sean

Comment

Try Harvey Hose at Minto. They used to be at padstow. They have just about everything. I am not sure they would have small fiittings but they are likley to have them.
        Dave

Comment

I've tried blackwoods,recce,tradelink,bunning,hardware & general,irrigation supplies on the net still no joy.
          All i would like is the name of a shop that definitly has them in stock
          thanks
          captain caveman pretty please
          sigpic

Comment

If none of those places have them, I would suggest there is a good chance thay may not even be made. Maybe you should try to get in contact with a manufacturer to see if they actualy do them?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              If none of those places have them, I would suggest there is a good chance thay may not even be made. Maybe you should try to get in contact with a manufacturer to see if they actualy do them?
              It might be quicker to make one out of 2 elbows with half their bends cut off and brazed back to back!
              G

Comment

Hi All,

The expensive way to do it is use hydraulic fittings and adaptors, link below for you to peruse.

http://www.pirtek.com.au/HOApps/pirw...+-+Rev+2.2.pdf

The cheap way to do it is to buy 2 T pieces and joiner. Use the joiner to join two T's and you have a cross, OK admitedly it looks more like an H but you will still end with 4 ports through which fluid can be moved. This can be done with cheap brass or galv plumbing fittings.

Happy building...

Adam
                Rgds

Adam

"Revolution never comes with a warning!"

Comment

Hi Captain Caveman.
                  aap industries @ 31 monro ave sutherland, ph 95214433, fax 95214407 have both gal and black steel crosses .They are not big on over the counter sales, but i talked him round it and got 2 crosses for $10(this was all the cash i had on me) they are usually $7 or $8 each. As for the black steel they were $50+ each!

Originally posted by Captain_caveman View Post
                  All the plumbing places i've been to have said there not a plumbing fitting
                  just wondering if anyone knows where i can buy them in sydney as tee's dont suit my system
                  any help much appreciated

Comment

Anyone in canberra looking for these? Go to AllStrut in Fyshwick .
                    HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                    Canberra

Comment

thanks for everyones help and in particular johnno

captain caveman
                      Captain_caveman
                      Last edited by Captain_caveman; 3 October 2006, 11:10 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X