Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 6 diesel

Hi guys

Just letting you all know that I spoke with Mazda customer service today and the Mazda 6 diesel will be released at towards the end of October.

Re: Mazda 6 diesel

Woo hoo! I'm looking forward to it, I'll probably get one next year.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Hoo-bloody-ray! About time. Since being announced at last year's Sydney Motor Show for release in "Mid 2006" I have bombarded the Mazda website and two local dealers for info on the release. I have completed three questionnaires online for the body style and trim spec I "would be most likely to buy", and never got one single vaguely positive response from Mazda. One salesman told me that the Mazda 6 would never be made in diesel, until I told him that hundreds of thousands were already on the roads in Japan and Britain. But Mazda Australia has no plans...., well mate I was at the show where it was announced and so were many motoring journalists who wrote it down! It's even on Mazda's news page
      Are there any details yet on the body style and spec level they finally decided upon? And pricing? Can we begin to ask yet about how suitable the common-rail injection system and DPF will be with Biodiesel?
      Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

I'm sure we can ask how suitable it will be for biodiesel, but I would expect them to trot out the same BS re commom rail and DPF that everyone else does. Of course I'm quite confident that it is BS and would quite happily buy one and use B100 in it.
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner View Post
          Are there any details yet on the body style and spec level they finally decided upon?
          Latest news is the Mazda 6 will be available in Manual trans only in HAtch and Wagon with "Classic" trim level.
          Mazda is training sales staff on the new diesel from Oct 17, and my contact will bring up the issue of BD with this vehicle.

Comment

Perfect! That's what we're after - a 'classic' wagon!! Bring it on!

Comment

The torque on these new motors is so high compared to the petrols that the auto's can't handle it!! Even Peugot has been suffering that problem which has been rectified with the new 407 with a 6 speed aisin auto.

The new Astra? has been getting great reviews.

Exciting times!

Cheers,
              Paul
              Brisbane
              80 series TDi with 100K on B100
              2005 Audi A3 TDi B20-B50 60K on BD
              1993 Daihatsu Rocky - B100 20K on BD - all good!

Comment

Intresting about the torque issue you mention. I think you will findit has a lot less to do with the Engine torque than it does with the lack of upsizing they do on the Auto box'es.

Izuzu/Holden have the rodeo 4x4 with an Auto in it and it gets great reviews both in USA and is AUS. As far as i can find they have had 3L Diesels with autos in the USA for quite some time now without having any great problems. Saying that they are Izuzu designed box'es so they would be good quality and upto spec for the torque that is output from the engine.

I think you will find that in general if they don't spec up a bigger greater better box and only try and harden up their normal box'es to avoid the R&D then there is going to be problems. Hopefully with Mazda having some knowladge with their 300D vans that were diesel and did have an auto option if VERY limited in AUS they should be able to have a correctly spec'ed high torque auto box that won't cause problems.
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by mallcruiser View Post
                  The torque on these new motors is so high compared to the petrols that the auto's can't handle it!!
                  From Mazda's own figures, the 2.0litre Mazda 6 diesel produces 105kW @3500rpm and 360Nm @2000rpm. As a comparison, the Mazda Bravo ute, with a similar MZR-CD turbo intercooled engine, but with 2.5lt capacity, only makes 82kW @3500rpm and 271Kw @2000rpm!
                  As a further comparison, my 4.2lt Landcruiser, which is rated to tow 3.5 tons, only puts out 96kW and 296 Nm. The Mazda 6 engine is a torque monster!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner View Post
                    Can we begin to ask yet about how suitable the common-rail injection system and DPF will be with Biodiesel?
                    Well, got my response from the trainers from Mazda Marketing. Mazda will only warrant the vehicle to the use of 5%BD "...Because that's what the other diesel car manufacturers warrant their cars to use. Mazda 6 diesel is only designed to run on Low-Sulphur Diesel fuel." Well, and
                    When I asked if there was a technical reason: "Err, I'm not sure".

When I asked what testing had been done using BD: "Thoroughly tested by the engineers in Japan".

Could I get a technical answer from Japan on what problems their testing found: "No, because it will be in Japanese". Oh, Fer Flips Sake!!

Can I ask everyone here on this forum to ring their local Mazda dealer and try to get a sensible answer? Perhaps if alarm bells start ringing in Marketing HQ they might pull their finger out and have some proper answers for an Intelligent Buyer.

Comment

IT'S HERE!!!!!!

Diesel 6 launched in hatch and wagon October 2006 Car Review - CarPoint Australia

I'll be arranging a test drive as soon as one appears at my local dealership. THEN, I'll wait for some reviews.....

Comment

Bought a Mazda 6 diesel

Well, after MANY pestering calls to my Mazda dealer, they have been delivered to dealerships on Thurs. We went in today and took it for a drive, went away and had a think, came back and had another drive and LO AND BEHOLD, WE BOUGHT ONE!
                        The dealer said this is the first one sold at their dealership, although many others have come for a sticky. Mazda Australia is expecting to sell 50 a month countrywide. Is this an accurate prediction? I would have thought they have sold more, considering they are selling 650 petrol Maz 6's a month.
                        Do yourself a favour and check them out. Give the demo a fang round the block, they are stunning!

Comment

Wow, I'm envious. I have to wait until next year when my lease runs out on my Freelander to get mine.
                          I've been meaning to try and test drive one , but have not managed to get around to it yet (same with the diesel Astra).
                          Did you get the hatch or the wagon? I look forward to hearing more about it once you've had it for a while.
                          I went to the Sydney Car Show a few weeks back and pestered Mazda (and everyone else there) about biodiesel. The reps on the stand just said biodiesel to 5% only and stuck to the official line. I gave up arguing pretty quickly when I realised that the reps had absolutely no knowledge of biodiesel really and that the average forum user here can make a more informed judgement about the use of biodiesel in their cars than they could.
                          Robert.
                          Site Admin.

Comment

Awesome Gunner!! Congrats on your purchase! I'm also very envious. There's quite a few guys in the ozmazdaclub.com forums that would LOVE for you to give us a bit of a review of the beast!
                            How are you finding it?

Comment

Originally posted by vectorskink View Post
                              Awesome Gunner!! Congrats on your purchase! I'm also very envious. There's quite a few guys in the ozmazdaclub.com forums that would LOVE for you to give us a bit of a review of the beast!
                              How are you finding it?
                              The brochure is lovely, but unfortunately there is a 4 week delivery time on the car. Despite reading up on it and hearing some rave reviews from the UK, I was really rapt when I actually had a drive. What a stunner! I can't wait to get it home!
                              PS Robert, it's the Hatch.

Comment

Working...
                              X