Sourcing Cottonseed - Australian Origin, 2011 Crop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourcing Cottonseed - Australian Origin, 2011 Crop

I am a first time user in this forum - My request may be a little left field, however I am wanting to draw on your expertise for a request within the Biodiesel Industry.

We are across an opportunity where an international biofuel manufacturer is looking to engage in a relationship to procure the following:

Product: Prime Cottonseed with Lint, Australia Origin, 2011 Crop

Quality: FAQ (Fair Average Quality), 2011 Crop
    Oil: Min 17%
    Admixture: Max 2%
    Moisture: Max 11.5%
    Aflatoxin: Max 20PPB

Quantity required: 10,000 Tonne P/Mth x 12 mth Contract = 120,000 tonnes p.a.

Understand this may not be the right forum, however would appreciate any direction in this matter.

Note: If we can be pointed in the right direction & source the request, I/we can commit to a significant donation to the Biofuels Forum.

First off, think rural/agriculture... Question becomes: Where would someone source 10,000 tonnes per month from - Grower or Consortium?

Subject can be taken offline if need be but more than happy to support the group & thank you.

Cheers,
    Scott

....."Here's to a cleaner world"

Re: Sourcing Cottonseed - Australian Origin, 2011 Crop

Gentlemen,

Given the response to our previous post - It seems we are not going to be able to contribute funding or provide future donations to the Biodiesel Forum website community - That to me is a shame - You are all in the industry in one field or another - You are all connected.

HAVE YOU BEEN TRYING - HAVE YOU TRIED - HAVE YOU GIVEN ANY CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHT AS A PROFESSIONAL WOULD

Perhaps I am in the wrong space however a little initiative and proactive thinking goes an awefully long way.

Therefore I shall ask: Does anyone know where vast amounts of FAQ (quality only needs to be Fair to Average grade) Cottonseed with Lint is grown?
    • Does anyone have any contacts in this space?
    • Does anyone know anyone who is connected to the Cottonseed produce arena?
    • Does anyone know anyone who knows someone that is connected to the Cottonseed produce arena?
    If so I would like you to either direct them to this blog site or have them contact myself directly.

We appreciate your interest & support.

Regards
    Scott

* Here's to a cleaner future......

Comment

what the hell does the above post have to do with sourcing cottonseed?
      Scotth I do not know who to source cottonseed from I am sorry for that I would suggest some footwork here try farmers federation, or here in sth. aus. a canadian company called Vittera has taken over control of bulk grain handling try them. Firstly perhaps you should search for where in australia cottonseed is grown if it is from the cotton plant then western side of the great divide in NSW and Queensland is the cotton growing area of aust hope you can use this info good luck andy

Comment

Gday,If i were wanting to source cottonseed i would contact someone at the shire council at Narrabri, Moree,Goondiwindi and get someone past the bimbo receptionist or the dept of Primary Industries.Another option is to get in a car and drive over the sandstone curtin. regards westwinds

Comment

maybe this socalled big international buyer should engage someone to source this amont who actually has a clue about this sorta thing as it seams you do not so why doesnt the buyer get the correct person or business on the job as you seam to have no clue as to where to start... and you dont start but asking here at a hobby bio deisel forum.... that is a lot of oil

Comment

Thank you Gentlemen,

The sourcing of the cottonseed has everything to do with 'the project' and I am grateful for all reply/s - Particularly Westwinds & Andy - Nice call, thanks.

The Growers are very shrewd with who they sell to as they know how much they must grow and who they are selling to; in advance.

Fullfilling the request is a difficult task hence requesting suggestions from grassroots level.

And YES, it is a lot of oil, enough that may extend to a 2-year contract with government support.

Any further suggestions or advice, please feel free to post.

Thank you in advance.

Scotth

Comment

I have moved this thread to the "Classifieds" section from the "This Forum" section.

Makes more sense in the classifieds section.

Regards,
              Tony
              Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
              '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
              '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
              '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
              '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
              '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
              '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
              '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
              '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
              '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
              '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
              '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
              '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
              Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Hi Tony,

That's perfect - Appreciate the consideration.

Keep the thread open though in case anything comes up.

Regards
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X