BD on the New England Hwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BD on the New England Hwy

Thursday's Land Newspaper revealed that quality Biodiesel is now available for those on the New England Hwy route to Queensland:

"Unblended Biodiesel has made its retail debut at the Willow Tree Truckstop (Gunner: About 30min south of Tamworth), giving drivers of diesel powered vehicles a cheaper, cleaner and renewable source of fuel.
    Up until two months ago in the North-West, Biodiesel was only available blended at the rate of 5 parts in 100 of crude based diesel from select Caltex-Bogas service stations at Tamworth, Quirindi and Gunnedah.
    Selling unblended Biodiesel for 129.9c a litre, Willow Tree Truckstop has given users the choice to use the fuel as they see fit, according to truckstop manager Debbie Campbell.
    Mrs Campbell said the product was installed for owner-drivers of transport trucks, but government rebates were only available when the blends met the Australian Biodeisel specification.
    The Canola-based fuel is supplied by Biodiesel Industries Australia at Maitland, which buys canola oil from Cargill.
    Biodiesel Industries General Manager Andrew Hill said while farmers on the Liverpool Plains had expressed an interest in growing canola crops for biodiesel, the business was yet to have it's own crushing plant.
    "A crushing plant is a business in itself", he said.
    "As things mature, we could have relationships with farmers directly, with commercial crushers producing oil directly for us."

Willow Tree is slightly less than halfway between Sydney and Bris on the NE Hwy, so would be an ideal spot to stop for a break and refuel if you're heading north (or coming back), safe in the knowledge that the BD you are buying is made by a quality supplier and, being a truckstop with high turnover, is likely to be fresh. Hopefully, it will also soon be supporting the local farmers growing Canola.
    Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Re: BD on the New England Hwy

Good news. If anyone can get the exact address of it (Gunner, could you get the lat/log from google earth of it?), we could put it in the new "biodiesel finder" google map component I've just installed. (link from the main navigation bar at the top.)
    Interesting to see that they mention the rebate in there and they insinuate it is not claimed (which we knew).

(Edit - Oops, I just noticed that you've already put it on the map - thanks)
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 1 October 2006, 09:46 AM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Comment

Re: GPS References

Originally posted by Robert View Post
      Good news. If anyone can get the exact address ...
      It would be great if GPS References for all locations with BD commercially available were on this site. There must enough of us with GPSs to do this quickly.
      I'll provide lt reference for Volume Plus at South Hurstville when I'm next there.
      G

Comment

GPS reference for all BD supplies including KOH etc

It would be good to compile an Australia wide GPS reference list of all BD related supplies. Everything: HDPE 25Liter containers, Methonal..
        G

Comment

Re: BD on the New England Hwy

I went through here today - the place I assume this is referring to (couldn't find anything else) is unfortunately no longer selling any bio at all.

The lady at the counter said that they used to, so I'm pretty sure I had the correct place - it was the only truckstop in town.
          Moved from bio to Electrons - Nissan Leaf

Comment

Working...
          X