Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anywhere to purchase biodiesel between Brisbane and Melbourne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anywhere to purchase biodiesel between Brisbane and Melbourne?

Hi all,

I've just managed to pick up an old 405 srdt Peugeot at auction in Brisbane, and I was wondering whether anyone knew of any biodiesel supplies around Brisbane, or South of Brisbane to get me home?

I remember buying some at Kempsey 10 years ago, but that was all I saw.

Any advice/help appreciated!

Cheers, Steve.

Re: Anywhere to purchase biodiesel between Brisbane and Melbourne?

Hi Steve,

In Dec 2016 I posted to the forum:,
    "Presently the cheapest place to buy KOH in Qld that I know of is Santo in Brisbane.
    I bought 4- 25kg bags of KOH on Monday for $50 each including GST.
    Robyn said there had been a number of people in over the past few days buying KOH, all were biodiesel makers.
    She asked me to post onto the forum that they will be closed from 22 Dec to 9 Jan so if you need KOH, NOW is the time to stock up.

They were very pleasant people, knew what we were doing with the KOH and are only too happy to assist if possible.

Santo
    Unit 3/ 25 Lensworth St
    Coopers Plains Q 4108

07 3344 2604"

Comment

I used to buy methanol from "Laker Paint" in Darra but that would have been 8 or 10 years ago.
      I just looked on gumtree and someone in Darra was advertising methanol for sale a year ago.
      https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-automot...0c9299l3005721

If you do call them, tell them you are using it for racing, NOT making biodiesel

Comment

Methanol purchase at Kelly wrecking. Northside. 44 gal drum for $300.

santos for Koh.

Comment

In case you're just after some fuel to get you home, call in at my place if you don't mind the detour via Nimbin. Cheers Jens
          1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Hi all,

Thank you muchly for all your responses. I was actually just in the hunt for biodiesel at the bowser somewhere/anywhere... sorry, should have been clearer in my original message.

I know I've been driving my cars around on dinodiesel for the odd trip here and there in Vic, but it just dawned on me how unfortunate it was there wasn't more choice for buying biodiesel (b100/b20) at the bowser. I wonder what it would take to see it ever happen?

Might drop by for a cuppa anyway, Jens, if the timing is right?

Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by RASTEVE View Post

Might drop by for a cuppa anyway, Jens, if the timing is right?

Cheers, Steve.

Sure thing, just give me some notice. Looking forward to catching up,
              1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Working...
              X