Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

:( Bugs thread was removed by the original poster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( Bugs thread was removed by the original poster?

Cause I wanted to post this after his last post but did not get the opertunity

Originally posted by dba
    20% will not solve world energy needs, I've said nothing about sloving the world energy needs. I discussed by eliminating bugs will help reduce current fuel consumption.
    I don't know about the big magnets you have observed, think about an MRI. Do you really believe OH&S covers every heath issue in the work place? I reckon you've already read my previous post - well, you lot know everything. Fuel doesn't heat to 90oC more like 37 to 40oC - ideal for growing these bugs. Even with a fuel heater it only has to reach liquid - max 30oC. Why trying to keep my products out of the market? What is your name? What do you do for job?

I really Really hate to do this but this is just NUTS.

You have just proven you have zero understanding of what we are talking about on these forums dba by you lack of knowladge in this last post.

You say that "Fuel doesn't heat to 90oC more like 37 to 40oC"

Well guess what, we talk about Bio-Diesel round here and leave the dinoDiesel for other people to worry about. In general if you have a water problem in you Bio-Diesel you heat it up to 90+oC, if you are in a hurry to remove the methanol froom your Bio-Diesel you heat it beyond 40oC etc etc.

We can and do very simply many times over heat what we discuss on here to 90oC without a problem at all.

Please if you want to debate something that you appear to be willing to do at least understand exactly what the other side of the debate is on about.
    Dave

Re: Bugs thread was removed by the original poster?

I don't think it was the poster that removed the thread but none the less, I think it is best it is gone. Personally I felt DBA was really starting to insult everyones intelligence. He is obviously waay too serious but hopefully he has now got the message and will not be pushing his unwanted products round here again.

As the amount of spam on this site is rapidly increasing, perhaps Robert you may like to consider enlisting some additional help in this area.
    I have seen on other forums where a number of trusted people are given the power to edit or remove unsuitable postings. You could establish some guidelines as to what you think appropriate and what is not and others could help you maintain the site to these standards you set.

These forums provide a fantastic resource for its members and I am sure they take a lot of your time Robert. Perhaps enlisting the help of others with some parts of running the site would ease your burden and help to maintain the high quality of this site which I am sure is very much appreciated by all the regular and genuine users.

Comment

I go away for the weekend and look what happens!

Some dude in Nigeria spams with 18 posts and flame wars get removed. Anyway, I've just removed 17 of the posts and left the last one in the "industry area". I figured if he wants to publish an email address in a public website, which will be harvested by spam spiders in no time, then it's his problem. I will ban his user account if I see him again, but I suspect that I won't.

As for other appointed moderators, yes, I agree, this is a good idea and one that I had always intended to do, but I have thus far shelved the idea to be put into place when I do my big forum facelift and upgrade in a couple of months time.

As for the bugs thread - anyone who starts a post has the right to remove it and this one was removed by dba, which is fair enough if he chooses too. I see a few more things in the forum than most, due to my "admin" view and I can see on this thread a note: "Thread deleted by dba Reason: Response to good reasoning by Jacka". Generally speaking, I don't mind a bit of controversy and healthy debate, but I do like the forum to be a friendly place (some forums can get a bit nasty sometimes). The less flame wars that exist in here the better. I've pulled a few users up in the past for making nasty comments that were off topic etc, but generally, most of the feedback I hear is pretty good with lots of people mentioning how friendly and helpful this community is - I'd like to make it a goal of any future forum management/moderation to keep this ideal.
      Robert
      Administrator
      Last edited by Robert; 13 August 2006, 02:55 PM.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Why does most scams start from Nigeria???
        Cheers
        Sauman

Comment

Originally posted by Jacka
          Cause I wanted to post this after his last post but did not get the opportunity

I really Really hate to do this but this is just NUTS.

You have just proven you have zero understanding of what we are talking about on these forums dba by you lack of knowladge in this last post.

You say that "Fuel doesn't heat to 90oC more like 37 to 40oC"

Well guess what, we talk about Bio-Diesel round here and leave the dinoDiesel for other people to worry about. In general if you have a water problem in you Bio-Diesel you heat it up to 90+oC, if you are in a hurry to remove the methanol froom your Bio-Diesel you heat it beyond 40oC etc etc.

We can and do very simply many times over heat what we discuss on here to 90oC without a problem at all.

Please if you want to debate something that you appear to be willing to do at least understand exactly what the other side of the debate is on about.
          Jacka, dont feel too bad, this poor sod has probably paid for the right to sell this thingy and he probably believed all the sell pitch he was taught.

However we can have a discussion among ourselves about bugs in the fuel. My last post asked a question and I don't know if it was answered. Who knows how significant the problem is in the average city car/truck is it really that bad to warrant attention at all?

I personally dont think so, not even for petro diesel users. The algae/bacteria in the fuel cannot live in diesel alone, neither can they live in water alone. They need a water/fuel interphase to thrive.
          Ergo...no water in your tank, no bugs.
          Drain your tank regularly, install a second CVA filter with a glass water trap, and Bob is your uncle.

As for the magnets, it is incredible the amount of magnet related scams for cars you can find on the internet. I had a few exchanges of e-mail with a scam artist who sold magnets for the fuel line that claim the usual fuel savings of 20 and 30% by "aligning" the molecules of fuel and braking them down and the usual BS ... but what I did was asking him if he knew that the magnets, besides potentiating the fuel by 30% also kill the algae in the diesel. His reply came as a surprise : "I would never claim such thing" hehe an honest scam artist!
          If little puny magnets would be able to brake the cell wall of an algae in seconds can you imagine what the MRI would do to our brain considering the patient stays in there for minutes? Scrambled eggs.

</IMG>

Comment

Yeah I have seen and been around the magnets thing for a while and always they have claimed that it aligned the particals and that somehow made them burn bette, but to tell you the truth I had never heard about he bugs in the Diesel one, must not move in the correct circles.

I never really want to get into a debate on the issues of the device as that is just a slanging match and was really uncool but anyway.

I have not been driving Diesel cars for long so I don't have the experiance but I have not heard of bugs in the tank being an issue.

I am sure if the diesel was stored it could be a problem as it would not be turned over and captured in a filter.

I do remember way back about 5-10-15 years ago you would go to a lonley outback garage and see on the pumps they would have a filter which I could never understand, I thought why would they stock dirty fuel and have to filter it before selling it to me. Could this be the reason? they had growth in their tanks through the limited use and need to ensure a reliable fuel for their customers?

Wouldn't this mean that the growth would be all cleaned up in the filter of any modern diesel engine?
            Dave

Comment

A little off topic, but just a quick note regarding our Nigerian friend:

He PMed me today and abjectly apologised for his posting in every forum, was very humble and polite and promised not to do it again. So I've not banned him and will leave his post in the Industry Forum for now.

I know that there is every chance that it is not genuine, but I'll work on the presumption of innocence first until I hear otherwise. There are some real biodiesel projects forming in Africa at the moment, so I'd hate to not give any a chance by pre-judging them as scams. If anyone does get any real info that it is a scam, then post it in his thread.
              Robert.
              Site Admin.

Comment

I have to say that I personally do not trust ANYTHING on the internet coming out of Nigeria. This is not meant to be racist in any way, but the fact is that a vast majority of internet "419" fraud comes from that country and the scams take many different forms. This is just another one.

In the past I've been involved in the forums over at www.419eater.com which is an anti-419 community (and hilarious to read!). As a result I'm perhaps a little more cynical and guarded than you Robert, and I would have banned this user outright.
                Sean

Comment

Yeah, fair enough. I will keep a close eye on it.
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Pangit, I took a look at that link and had one of best chuckles in a long time. If anyone else is as sick as I am (and maybe Pangit), take a look at what is going on over there. Here's a synopsis on one fellow's counter-scam.

http://www.freewebs.com/hseshel/l%5Fmiller/index.htm

Comment

Here's another one, it's a bit shorter and it made me smile:

http://joshmadison.net/humor/spam_response/

Comment

woops - I ditched the last Nigerian posting! Oh well ...
                        Cameron (apprentice moderator)

Comment

Cameron Should be sacked durring his first week
                          Dave

Comment

Yeah, it's amazing what some of the scam baiters have persuaded the scammers to do - get tattoos; go on long pointless journeys (sometimes thousands of kms!); fill in ridiculously long and complicated forms; even make wooden replicas of things like a Commodore 64

It's all very funny to read, and a great way of tying up the scammers time/resources, which prevents them from scamming real victims.

I did scam baiting for a while, but it was too time consuming so now I just have the occasional chuckle on the forums there.
                            pangit
                            Last edited by pangit; 16 August 2006, 01:27 PM.
                            Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Jacka
                              Cameron Should be sacked durring his first week
                              Too late Jacka - I survived my first week by not doing anything ... Robert did send me out for a left handed screwdriver and it took me a week to get back.

Comment

Working...
                              X