Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess WVO

Hi all.

I have a few sources of used cooking oil that provide me with enough oil plus surplus. The surplus I store in 5000 litre tanks. I don't want to stop collecting but need to make space. Through a converation I had recently with a profesional collector, there appears to be a company in Sydney that will come and collect your used cooking oil and pay for it.

I am not out to become rich but figure it might be a win win situation and I could put some money back into my hobby and experimenting.

Does anyone know of such a firm?

Pete

Re: Excess WVO

It could become a nice little money earner for you David.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

I will have to find out more. The way I found out was I did a job for a commercial collector and we got chatting. He had just sent 7000 litres (truck picked it up) at 60 cents a litre.

I nearly fell over. Here I am wondering what I could do with my excess and in some ways, that is why I was never out to upscal as you mentioned....

I thought I might ask the collector if he would give me 30 cents. Still good for me and he would gain for no cost..

Comment

A bit more info: I had a reply to my question to one company and they replied that they do buy oil. Will keep you posted.

Peter

Comment

Just an update. There is a buyer in Sydney that offered me 40 cents a litre if I brought it to Syd or 30 cents he picks up in Canberra..

Comment

Working...
          X