Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manly Council's adopted biodiesel, who's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manly Council's adopted biodiesel, who's next?

It only took a few months, easy sell really, Manly Council's worked out the fuel supply logistics and started a trial of biodiesel in a community bus service called the "Hop, Skip & Jump" a week ago Monday on the 18th. Press release:

http://www.manly.nsw.gov.au/Content.aspx?PageID=42&ItemID=171

So far so good. If all goes well council plans to expand usage to their full heavy equipment fleet.

Would love to see surrounding SHOROC councils (Mosman, Warringah & Pittwater) adopting based on the success at Manly. There are no retail biodiesel suppliers on the Northern Beaches I'm aware of so the more demand the merrier in hopes of generating a wholesale requirement.

If you're a resident of Mosman, Warringah or Pittwater (for that matter any council in Australia) and want to get involved would love to hear from you. Am more than happy to share the approach we used & presentations we gave to the Mayor & council that helped produce the result.

The key to convincing Manly was 1) Manly Council's focus on the environment & open mindset and 2) citing the Camden & Newcastle trials and being straight about pros & cons and the lessons learned (fuel filter maintenance, don't use old tanks to store biodiesel, be open to blends, etc...)

Staff at Camden & Newcastle councils were incredibly supportive as where representatives from the industry including Morris Lyda, ABG & Biodiesel Industries Australia.

Cheerio

Re: Manly Council's adopted biodiesel, who's next?

Fantastic work - congratulations!

We have our next meeting tomorrow with the relevant stakeholders at UNSW. Hopefully we will be right behind you!

We are hoping to have our trucks and heavy equipment and mobile plant on biodiesel quick smart.

I would love to have a look at anything that you have put together or collated that you don't mind sharing. If you have anything would you mind contacting me via PM?

Cheers,
    Cameron
    University of New South Wales

Comment

Howdy, good luck at UNSW. I've attached the presentation we gave to council. Please don't hesitate to use, change, modify as you see fit.

<oops, having trouble converting to pdf. Know any good freeware utilities?>
      oztexan
      Biofuels Forum Newbie
      Last edited by oztexan; 28 September 2006, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Send it to me (PM me and I'll give you some details) and I'll convert it for you.
        Cheers,
        Robert.
        Site Admin.

Comment

Or you can try the free (open source) PDFCreator
          Sean

Comment

Ahhh, sorceforge. Thank you.

Have two sources now, this pdf and :

http://www.biomasstransit.org/media/ManlyHSJ.ppt

Comment

Hi Everyone,
              Just letting you know that Robert and I are setting up (well mainly Robert actually!) a section for people who are looking for assistance and template docs for shifting their fleet over to biodiesel/biofuels.

With the help of Chris' presentation to Manly Council (which he is going to make a more generic version of) plus some documentation that Julian and Virag did for me here at UNSW we will start to build up a library of resources to make available.

If you have anyting that you have used or have on file please let me know so that we can add it to the resource list.

Cheers,
              Cameron

Comment

Working...
              X