This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sydney Biodiesel Purchasing Group

I'd like to put my name down as interested in buying some on Sat 29/10.
    Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Hi Gunner & Drcoconut, I've just activated your accounts now.

Cheers,
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

I am definitely interested in buying/trying some Biodiesel! Please let me know if I can be a part of the group.
        Many thanks,
        Glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn,

You're in!
          Robert.
          Site Admin.

Comment

Hi there,

I am keen to purchase some biodiesel this weekend.
            I am in Glebe (Pajero 3.2 diesel) and have

box trailer
            1 x 200 litre drum
            3 x 60 litre drums
            1 hand pump
            plus additional jerries which seem more cumbersome.

I have a friend who will piggyback on this purchase.

So, please count me in!!!

Geoff.

Comment

I would love to fill up. I have a 44gal drum (blue plastic) three 25 litre drums (translucent plastic - with little taps) and a 20 litre jerry can. All except the jerry can belong to Sticky (Robert) or some contact of his. That adds up to not much under 200 litres (I think - my imperial conversion is poor).

I have no transport for all of this - a bit will fit in the back of the car, but certainly not the drum. Can Robert help with his greasy ute?

Comment

Hi there,
                I am interested in this but I also think I need a bit more education on the subject and Sydney situation in general.
                Cheers,
                Magda

Comment

Hi Magda,

I'll certainly count you in next time we organise another pickup. I'll post up a message here in the forum when this happens.

Cheers,
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Robert

I've piggy backed off Geoff for the diesel that was distributed on Friday. Can you set me up with an account on the private thread so I'm aware what plans are afoot for the next shipment? Thanks.

Ahoy
                    Conrad

Comment

Hi Conrad,

You're in!
                      Robert.
                      Site Admin.

Comment

Hi,
                        I would be interested too. I am in Wollongong but with family all in Newcastle (so access to Rutherford is easy)

Please include me in any group discussions/buy as well
                        Thanks

Chris

owener of Diesel Rodeo

Comment

Hi Guys,
                          Huge pat on the back to all those involved with this. I am a bit confused though, i cant understand why there are 4 different blends available (B100 -B20 etc). Would putting 150 ltrs of B100 in my turbo 4.2 GQ patrol first time be ok? or do we slowly bring it up to B100?

Also while I have your attention guys, What is the cost per ltr? I need to know so i can budget for a trial run.

Hope my questions dont sound too stupid, but anything that helps stop pollution on my part sounds good to me.
                          Regards Ange.

Comment

Hi Ange,
                            Do what most of us did and just jump straight in! What year model is your Patrol and how many kms has it already done on dinodiesel? The reason I ask is that your fuel system will have been accumulating dinodiesel sludge and when you start using biodiesel it is going to start to clean it out.

I would suggest that you try to be a step ahead of where most of us were when we shifted to biodiesel and consider upgrading to a CAV style filter that include a small glass bowl and a draining tap on the bottom so that you can drain any gunk off nice and easy and change filters easily and cheaply.

You can get these cheap off ebay for your vehicle and if you are not sure about it then ask and/or cheak through the older messages within the forum - we have discussed it a bit already. I had to get a nice little adaptor plate setup for my CAV system so that it would fit the existing fuel filter head unit on my landrover. I have spotted these other very cool ones that actually have 2 filter elements and the glass bowl. Gotta be good if you do any outback touring and ever worry about potentially dodgy fuel out there too.

Most definitely have one or two spare filters ready to be fitted once some gunk comes through and you start to notice a drop in the performance & efficiency due to the sludge coming through and blocking up your filter. For this reason also you may like to hold off on your first filter change until the one you have on there sludges up.

Also a great idea to have some fuel doctor or some other similar product ready to go and add it to your fuel system when you fill up the tank. This will help if you have any algal growth in your tank or any water accumulated in your system etc. Pretty soon you will have the cleanest fuel system the patrol will have had since new!

If you have a 150litre tank I am assuming that it is aftermarket and may not be as old as the truck and so you might find that you don't have too much build up within it - this is what happened to me. Whoever owned my defender before me had fitted a 135 (approx) litre long range tank and so it was clean even from the start and I just cruised through to my next service interval and changed my filters then.

We most likely will be doing a group run to the new servo in Marrickville that member Morris is busy converting over to biofuels at the moment so if you don't want to fill up with a full 150 litres it won't be too much hassle to refuel whenever you want it in the future.

We don't yet know what price Morris is going to offer the fuel to us at and so I guess there are a few of us who are waiting to find out whether we will be still making group trips up to Rutherford.

Cheers,
                            Cameron

Comment

Hi Cameron,
                              Thanks for the reply mate.
                              My GQ is a 1994 series 2.
                              In reply to your suggestions I run a Racor R36T fuel filtration system which i find is much better than the CAV type ( I also have a CAV which i tried for 3 tank loads to find out which one filters better and the R26T works much better), so that is 1 expense i dont need to fork out money for. Spare filters are a permanent fixture in my car.

I will be checking to see how things are going and as soon as he gets operational, I am in.

Cheers mate.
                              Ange

Comment

Originally posted by Red Bastard
                                Hi,
                                I would be interested too. I am in Wollongong but with family all in Newcastle (so access to Rutherford is easy)

Please include me in any group discussions/buy as well
                                Thanks

Chris

owener of Diesel Rodeo
                                Welcome aboard Red Bastard! How cool, I get to call someone a bastard without offending them....

Cheers,
                                Cameron

Comment

Working...
                                X