Rice Bran Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice Bran Oil

I have just been offered a good, exclusive, permanent supply of Rice Bran Oil from a restaurant. Has anyone else used this for bio production? I have 'Googled' info and it seems okay, although higher in FFA than some other oils. Any advice from users would be appreciated. Will try a sample shortly in any case.

Re: Rice Bran Oil

I want to byu rice bran oil. Where r u form? and what is the price of that?

Comment

Originally posted by yorta2 View Post
      I have just been offered a good, exclusive, permanent supply of Rice Bran Oil from a restaurant. Has anyone else used this for bio production? I have 'Googled' info and it seems okay, although higher in FFA than some other oils. Any advice from users would be appreciated. Will try a sample shortly in any case.
      Hey yorta go for it it makes great bio. Brenden
      2003 3.2 DiD Pajero Exceed
      2003 2.8 td Triton Ute
      2005 1.9 tdi pump deuce Golf

Comment

brenden, my post was in 2006. I have made thousands of litres using rice bran oil since and loved it. I have now lost that connection and am using other oils.

Comment

AAHH so maybe I should look at the date first. oops my bad. Anyway it still makes good bio
          2003 3.2 DiD Pajero Exceed
          2003 2.8 td Triton Ute
          2005 1.9 tdi pump deuce Golf

Comment

Hello, I just found a local source for oil from a Mexican restaurant, and they use the rice bran oil. ( I had never even heard of it. ) I did one 30 liter test batch, and it appears to have had a good reaction, but it's red as seen in the photo. The left is a batch made at the same time with soybean oil. Is it normal for the rice bran methyl esters to be red in color? The bad thing about this is it looks like it has red dye in it, like they use in off-road petroleum diesel. Not that I have to worry much, since it's not a commercial vehicle, but that still concerns me a little... http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t...eBranOilBD.jpg ( For some reason it says that my image was not valid when trying to upload directly. I have no issues anywhere else, with images from my camera. )

Comment

Working...
            X