Brisbane Chip Oil Barons CONference (COBCON ) 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brisbane Chip Oil Barons CONference (COBCON ) 2013

I am plotting to be there too, to at least see where my / his oil goes.
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Alright Gentlemen, lets do it, 1st of November near Lismore.

As I am upgrading my BIO processing gear, WVO will only play a little part in future for me, hence I will have a spring clean up and will put a few things up for sale. If you are interested in 30plate heat exchangers, pollak valves, switches and bit and pieces come along and make a reasonable offer and take it home. Also I have a collection of 44s to go to a good home for free.
      Anyway, for more details send me a PM and we go from there, looking forward to see you guys soon!

Jens
      Bueff
      Biofuel Enthusiast
      Last edited by Bueff; 16 September 2014, 07:25 PM.
      1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Jens
        Sounds fantastic so far.
        Alright planning a road trip south so I'll pack my soap making kit for display. What else would you do with excess lard and oil right ?

I have some fragrances and colours so will most likely make a yellow coloured cold process soap.
        Starting to look forward to another gathering again.

Michael
        97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
        2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
        2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
        2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
        2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
        Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Two weeks time folks.
          Is there numbers for this gathering ? and who wants a ride ?

I'll be going and leave from the Northside of Brisbane on the Saturday morningfairly early.

Michael
          2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Hi Michael, count me in. I may need a lift; I had my breaks, steering box and AC overhauled last couple of week and have just discovered a leak of fluid under the car.
            looks like hydraulic fluid so is probably gearbox or steering box. I'll check it out tomorrow.
            Do we have the address for the meeting?
            Cheers
            Graeme

Comment

I am in for a lift as well, just for a change so I do not have to drive to Lismore.

Bringing things to make it easier.

Matt
              Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Good morning Gentlemen,

looks like we have a few people keen to come over :-)

I am certainly excited.

The centrifuge is all clean and ready to go so I can give you a demo of its performance, unfortunately my new processor is still in bits, but since we have a few clever minds coming over it might be a good thing.

PM me for adress detail please,

I'll have the BBQ ready to got too, there will be a tasty drink or two as well.

Looking forward to it!

Jens
                1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

Comment

One more sleep :-)

Alright guys, I have just organised a brand new webber style BBQ and we have a new fridge in the cabin, all signals a bright green for tomorrow. I don't know what time you folks leave, but how about we meet around midday NSW time (12?) so the tourists from QLD don't have to get out of bed to early :-)

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts,

See you tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bueff View Post
                    One more sleep :-)

Alright guys, I have just organised a brand new webber style BBQ and we have a new fridge in the cabin, all signals a bright green for tomorrow. I don't know what time you folks leave, but how about we meet around midday NSW time (12?) so the tourists from QLD don't have to get out of bed to early :-)

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts,

See you tomorrow!

Would love to be there mate, as I am about to embark on a new bio journey myself and would love to pick the collective grey!

I have a bit too much on at the moment, between uni, work, a shed build and a new bio processing plant to build too, my goose is well and truly cooked.

i hope you all have a great day, and some great ideas come to the front.

cheers,

Comment

Hi Jens, thanks for your hospitality while hosting the meeting. You have a wonderful piece of paradise there.
                      What I learned on the weekend will be very helpful to me as I set up my reactor. Probably the most interesting was your use of an eductor to accentuate mixing; I had not seen one of these things before.
                      I was thinking about the sudden boiling of the methanol KOH mix. I suspect that the KOH sitting at the base of the methanol tank superheated the methanol at the tank base to beyond its boiling point and when the stirrer was activated it provided just that little bit of extra energy to set the methanol at the base to boil. I notice the methanol mixer I got from Michael has a coarse screen net that contains the KOH just on top of but submerged in the methanol. This design was probably conceived to manage the heat produced from the dissolving KOH.
                      Thanks again Jens, catch up with you next meeting.
                      Cheers
                      Graeme

Comment

Cade
                        was an interesting visit having been lucky to see Jens new processor. Don't know why I didn't take a photo but wow what a beast.
                        Jens , photo please ? Obviously when time permits.

i made a bad batch of soap that will hopefully turn out ok.
                        was a nice drive down your way Jens, Lismore is a pretty country town.
                        Cade , you've changed jobs too , wow what a year. Hope the shed is coming along well. Can't wait to see it.

until next meeting , I hope everyone gets what they want for Christmas. Happy processing.

regards
                        michael
                        2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Hi Boys
                          it's been a while , hope everyone is safe and still somewhat happy.

Anyone organising a gathering in the Brisbane area ?
                          Take care

Michael
                          2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

Good morning Boys,

just want to put the feelers out whether you guys would be happy to travel to Lismore once again for sausages, beers and one or two laughters :-)

Was thinking around the middle of Feb.

Have a good one!

Jens

Comment

Hi Jens

you know I'm up for it. Keep in touch and somehow I'll be in Lismore.

have a fantastic Christmas.
                              i have a new mobile number so I should pm it to you.

cheers
                              Michael
                              2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Tetragonula Hockingsi

Comment

I too will be there one way or another! See you soon!
                                Biodiesel Bandit

Comment

Working...
                                X