A16 Meet of MBDC at CERES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A16 Meet of MBDC at CERES

Hi All of the MBDC, , Well Done guys for a great meeting, It was good to see so many people turn up. 10 more financial members joined on the evening and i think alot of people left feeling quite excited about what we have begun.
    If anyone would like to put forward comment or ideas, as discussed at the meeting, please place your thoughts here in this thread. Sorry to all the registered but not yet financial members, for our policy of "only financial members can be vocal" at the formal meeting, but i think all present could understand why this policy, as the agenda flowed really well, and we could wrap it all up by 9pm. If everyone who turned up, without putting their money where their mouth is, could of had a word, we'd still be there, falling asleep like federal parliament senators.
    SO now is your opportunity to add your thoughts right here on this thread.
    I will get on to the cybor genius Robert to make sure we can add onto the contact us spot on the MBDC website, a direct contact with our Public Officer Daniel. And those who wish to send him, as discussed, input into the CERES Master Plan, with respect to us as a site group.
    The next informal meet and working bee, ALL WELCOME (a bit like J29, but with a big clean up of the proposed site shed, and to paint up or print signage to lift public awareness of our presence at CERES.) will be posted on the MBDC website , and general emailed to registered members. And i'll post here too. New members welcome to join on the day.
    Thanks again Daniel for playing Chair , and Rose for taking minutes. Minutes will be posted on the website hidden only for registered members.
    Cheers All,,, Darren.

Re: A16 Meet of MBDC at CERES

Hi Darren,
    You and your friends are to be congratulated on getting through the agenda and at the same time encouraging real discussion of some important issues. I look forward to some interesting discussion and even debates in the future.

Does your invitation to this thread include ongoing discussion about the Club member roles proposal and related Education/Production issues? Should we be having such a discussion in the registered members only area instead? Alternatively, you'd have to make it very clear what Club business is for public discussion in this forum and what is not. That in itself would be a matter for discussion!

Personally, I would prefer that we be able to continue discussions begun in club meetings in a forum like this one, which I think is what you're suggesting, and I also think there are some topics that are relevant to club members only because they are club issues rather than about biofuels per se.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the minutes going up.

Cheers

Comment

hey darren
      i think the a16 meeting was very good and I for one left with a feeling of excitement for what is about to happen at Ceres. I understood your reasoning for only allowing those with a spare $50 to speak, and whilst not agreeing with it, respected it by not participating. Mate, as soon as i have a spare $50, its the clubs. Actions speak louder than words & its not about cheap fuel. Its not what we are about. I was also much opposed to the idea that to be a very active member of the club you have to stump up $500. I understand why, but what if you havn't got it? The meeting touched on the idea that if you are prepared to work hard & contribute this could be waived. Had i been allowed to speak, this is what i would have urged you.
      Having now said that, hats off to you guys for getting this off the ground. I'm very excited! I can put my labour where my mouth is. But i dont have that much money.

Comment

YEAH, i agree with not feeling to hot about Paul's proposal of a further $500. But lets not get to ahead of ourselves. First we must build it. Then we can all vote on what we want. Lets hope Grants can cover the costs of establishment.
        Remember we are an INC. so it all has to be democratic.

Comment

Originally posted by darren leonadas
          so it all has to be democratic.
          Long live democracy!!!

Great to see action happening folks.

Cheers
          Sauman

Comment

Long live democracy indeed!! But hey, I can well understand where Paul is coming from and wholeheartedly agree with his sentiment. I'm sure he would agree its about commitment, be it financial or in actions. But yes, the plant has to be built first. And I can't think of a more deserving cause for a grant. It WILL happen.

Comment

Originally posted by solowanderer
              hey darren
              Mate, as soon as i have a spare $50, its the clubs. Actions speak louder than words & its not about cheap fuel. Its not what we are about. I was also much opposed to the idea that to be a very active member of the club you have to stump up $500. I'm very excited! I can put my labour where my mouth is. But i dont have that much money.
              Mate,
              Don't worry about money matters
              That is easy for some people not so easy for some others
              Here are some examples
              Hitler started out as a painter closer to home Mr Myer had a little store in Fitzroy Melbourne
              Some have better beginnings in life others not so good
              I don't know what you do you may even be a student, a bus boy, or a dishwasher in a restaurant, or a short order cook it does not matter
              Now here is a tip for you
              You learn how to make biodiesel and you can sell your services for about $4000 per day by consulting to the "Industry"
              You may even be able to publish a book on the subject and sell it for a Mozza to all that want to learn how to make the stuff
              But I strongly suggest that you dont download the contents from the myriad of post's on the subject on the Internet as well as this very forum
              That is a No No
              Another tip for you, get yourself a captive audience, ignore every one that has any ideas about anything, and you promote yourself as the ultimate authority on the subject
              The fact that people around the world have been making FAME for well over 80 years should also escape you as it will not serve you well
              Also your marketing cost's are minimised, if you do direct selling
              Anything you publish on the subject of making biodiesel, sell it direct then you don't have to share any of the profits with a book seller who pays staff and rent etc
              You really dont want the publication to be available to the broader public now do you?
              If none of the above suit you, don't worry the club can certainly use people like you my man
              It is deeds and not words that count Glad to see people with principles
              Good on you

Never forget the old adage
              "A one eyed man is king in a blind village"

Cheers
              Chris
              Cheers
              Chris
              Never give up :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                Mate,