Waste Oil Market Cornered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste Oil Market Cornered?

It seems everywhere I look lately WVO is collected by large scale "free" commercial operators.

The blue '44 brigade.

Is there anywhere these guys don't dominate?

Re: Waste Oil Market Cornered?

Go to the small, out of the way, places. You may have better success in those locations.
    Have you tried lunch bars, fish & chip shops, restaurants, delicatessens?
    In WA we are in pretty good shape with reasonable supplies available (although you need to search for them)
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Unfortunately, many commercial collectors are willing to scare WVO suppliers with lies regarding environmental disposal laws. I've recently lost some good supplies through such aggressive approaches.

Comment

i have had my personal collection drums vandalised, destroyed and had threats of violence against me by the oil collection companies, all because I dared to place my own drum in an agreement with newly opened shops.

I am at personal war with the local collectors, they are nothing but thugs and standover merchants who deal in intimidation, lies and cowardice.

I no longer have my own drums. I have been quite fortunate of late having a steady stream gifted to me, but its time to start doing the rounds again, and taking advantage of those handy black 200 litre steel drums that are a plenty, which seem to be constantly refilled with lovely clean oil....

Comment

Originally posted by Captaincademan View Post
          SNIP
          I have been quite fortunate of late having a steady stream gifted to me, but its time to start doing the rounds again, and taking advantage of those handy black 200 litre steel drums that are a plenty, which seem to be constantly refilled with lovely clean oil....
          Cade, are you only taking the top 50% and leaving the rest for the "bullies and standover merchants"?
          Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
          '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
          '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
          '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
          '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
          '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
          '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
          '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
          '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
          '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
          '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
          '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
          '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
          Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

That depends entirely on my mood on the day Tony. Some days I’m moodier than others!

Comment

Yes, the "big Boys" come all the way out to paradise collecting oil.
              The big black "honey Barrels" have been around town since before I started making biodiesel and there was a time when I did help myself to some of their goodness, but that was many years ago.

I did lose one of my suppliers to cookers when they first came here.
              Another one of my suppliers started buying his oil from cookers when they first came but continued to give me his WVO. He eventually stopped buying his oil from cookers and now buys it in 15 litre boxes along with his other food deliveries.

It is known that I collect oil to make biodiesel and I have far more oil than I will ever use.
              I give oil to another fellow who makes much more biodiesel than I do and he buys methanol in bulk so he sells me methanol at his cost price- $180 for a 200 litre drum

I presently have four regular suppliers and collect over 120 litres of oil a week.

Comment

I had a 200 litre drum at a nearby Indian place. They were pressured into using a supply and takeaway mob eventually. I emptied my drum and took it away, but took the opportunity to give the new guys some free 'oil', about 100 litres of thick old brown rancid fat I'd been wondering what to do with. Considering they say they are such experts in the business I figured they could also deal with the rusty water and goat vomit found at the bottom of some old drums which I normally dump on the compost pile. Enjoy.
                Johnnojack
                4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
                Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Well that wasn't so hard.

It all came back to me. Found a small quality cafe, bought a coffee and then all the old phrases came back to me.

Simple.
                  Chev28
                  Last edited by Chev28; 24 September 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X