X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    tillyfromparadise

• tillyfromparadise
    replied
    I have ended up using both a pump and paint stirrer in a drill. I eventually started using the pump because I already own it. It is an Orange regenerative turbine pump about 30 years old. Very neglected and just keeps running. After the initial thorough mix with the paint stirrer, every 10- 15 minutes I come out and run the drill paint mixer again to insure nothing is settling out on the bottom. The pump runs for the full hour
    For most of my time making biodiesel, I just used a drill mixer.

Leave a comment:

• yendor

• yendor
    replied
    I am currently using a 240v pump from a dishwasher. They are not high capacity but is a reliable transfer pump for the past 2 years. It is a paddle type pump, most water pumps are an centrifugal impeller pump that will move 1000 litres pretty quick. Dishwasher pump takes 30 minutes to move 160 litres to my headder tank aprox 2.5 m high.

Leave a comment:

• Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA

• Tony From West Oz
    replied
    Dero,
    When I made biodiesel some years ago, I used a single phase water pump to mix the oil and methoxide. It ran well and had no issues in 12 months, then I went back to straight veggie oil blended with ULP.

Leave a comment:

• dero
    Biofuels Forum Newbie

• dero
    started a topic Bio pump

Bio pump

Hi all , new to the forum , starting to build my processor and would like to know your ideas on pumps .
    Can a domestic water pump handle veg oil and bio diesel or do I need to get something special ?
    Prefer 240v .
Working...
X