Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12V Diesel Pumps. 44Gal Hand pump and 44Gal Drums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12V Diesel Pumps. 44Gal Hand pump and 44Gal Drums.

OK the question is

I am looking for a Pump to pump Diesel and BioDiesel out of a 44Gal Drum.

Now I could usally do it with 240v but can't always want to use it where there is Power.

Hence the reason for looking into a Pump that will run on 12v.

Now the second question is that I know where I can get 12v Diesel Pump and it is OK for what it does but does anyone know how it will go with Bio and what sort of life difference will there be with using Bio?

Also I know there have been discussion on here in the past for the 44Gal Rotary hand pumps. Does any know of a local supply of these pumps that will stand up to Bio and dino?

And then any know of a supply of 44Gal drums for Southern western Sydney? Campbeltown/Bankstown type area would be OK.

It's time for me to get into making Bio as well as buying it for my Rodeo The bus will drink just about anything so being able to make bio for that will keep the cost's down in driving it around

Thanks Guys.
    Dave

Re: 12V Diesel Pumps. 44Gal Hand pump and 44Gal Drums.

Hello David

I've just been chasing up a rotary hand pump for pumping WVO. Don't know how it will go with bio but with diesel there is no problem. You can try ringing Blackwoods, an industrial tool supplier, even repco, or oil and fuel distributors.

Reply on how they go with with bio if you find out. Also post results on the 12volt pump and cost with flow rate

Cheers and good hunting
    Peter

Comment

Just remembered,

I picked up drums from a local oil distributor. All he said to me was "how many". Look in the yellow pages.

Peter

Comment

I bought a 12/24V diesel pump from eBay for use with biodiesel. I bought the flow meter also, but it diesn't work with biodiesel - too viscous?
        It draws ~20A at 24V, but I don't know if it would draw more, or less, from 12V.

The delivery hose supplied has started weeping, so will need replacing soon.

It seems to work well, and pumps pretty quickly.
        It is similar to this one in UK 12/24V Fuel pump
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

As for drums, Whitey's sell their emtpy methanol ones (closed top) for $5 each. Last time I went there they had dozens.
          Sean

Comment

Hi Dave,
            You can get rotary hand pumps at Super Cheap Auto.

Cheers,
            Cameron

Comment

Dave,
              This is what I use. Outback Ingenuity Pty Ltd
              It's called a Canning pump, and unfortunately they are out of production. I got the last one I think. Brilliant though, it uses compressed air, regulates it down to 2psi, then injects into the drum to displace the liquid in there and pushes it out of the discharge hose. Some clear beverage hose from Blackwoods and I have a fuel bowser. I power it with my spare tyre (a source of compressed air that doesn't wake the neighbours). Pumping ~100 litres takes about 3-4 minutes and the spare tyre pressure goes down from 50 to 25 psi. I top it back up when convenient.

The supplier said it couldn't compete with chinese imports so maybe look for one of those?
              ..Neil

VW Touareg R5 TDI

Comment

Well I am sorted for a Hand pump and HAPPY as

I picked up a MacNaught Fuel Pump with a filter and some hose and I am LOVING it

Great thing to go along with my 44Gal Drum of Bio that arrived today

Sorted for fuel for well um 2 weeks anyways.
                Dave

Comment

Hi, This one looks simular to tony's ( probably not as good, but look ) from fergstoolshed on ebay
                  eBay Australia: 12V/24V Diesel and Oil Pumps (item 320108480739, end time 01-May-07 19:40:07 AEST)

I think it is a vane type not a gear rotor so not the best for high viscosity.
                  nature fuels
                  Last edited by nature fuels; 8 May 2007, 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling
                  Vegetable Fuels PTY LTD

Comment

Nature Fuels,
                    It IS the same, even down to the colour and nozzle. Be warned, the delivery hose will weep biodiesel. Dunno about WVO though.

Tony
                    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Jacka if you have standard 44 gall drums here is the easiest way to do it. I've used this device to refuel my vege tank on the Stuart highway it would take about 2 minutes (I had a tap in the hose for that job) Link to previous thread. http://www.biofuelsforum.com/svo_use...oil_drums.html
                      Johnnojack
                      4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
                      Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Anyone have an idea on the cost of the compressed air setup (canning) ?

regards

Craig
                        Holden Suburban K2500 1998 6.5L Turbo GM engine
                        210,000KMs (90,000 on new crate motor)

Currently 2 tanks in and working - 90 litre BIO tank and main tank of 160L WVO

30 plate FPHE in Engine bay and Helton Dual coil in rear
                        Walbro FRB-5 pusher pumps x 2

50,000KM on Veg and 10,000Km on B100

Comment

Originally posted by craigcurtin View Post
                          Anyone have an idea on the cost of the compressed air setup (canning) ?

regards

Craig
                          I couldn't find a price either. However it works exactly the same way as mine does. However having one for a jerrycan would be nice, jerrys are bloody awkward to pour into a tank from.
                          Johnnojack
                          4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
                          Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X