ford ranger bio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ford ranger bio

hi guys has any one bought the latest model ranger an run it on bio yet also it looks like it would be very hard to change the fuel filter on the side of the road i just looked at one and idunno my last ranger has just ticked over 65000 klms want to update to the new one any thoughts would be great

Re: ford ranger bio

Hi Sean, does it have a DPF?

Comment

hey tilly ididntthink about a dpf could that be a problem also my wife drives a 2010ford focus does anybody know if they have a dpf because hers runs on homemade bio as well might have to go and look at a triton

Comment

Hi Sean,
        from what I read a DPF is always a problem no matter what type of fuel you use.

Comment

thanks mate so is wife

Comment

Sean

my belief is that all the new Diesels post 2007/08 depending on the engine manufacturing will have a DPF. Although it doesn't fix an emissions problem. We won't go into that argument. my 2008 Grand Vitara handled Bio better than the 2010 model. Hence the reason for it's early departure.
            you will find that if you don't have a good burn cycle in the DPF then you will have some errors come up. Also understand the Vehicle maker will deny any DPF fixing costs. The exact response from Suzuki was we will not fix the car under waranty " 2 months new " and all my Km's are mixed mostly highway. So be prepared to ram it down there throat that they will fix any issues that relate to a $6000 DPF.

to give you an idea of how my problem went.
            My DPF clogged error light came on before the burn cycle light came on. This I perceived as a problem. I rang my dealer straight away to book. the response was can't book untill next week so should be ok. I drove straight to this dealer and got told the same thing. I then drove to another dealer who said "mate you shouldn't have been driving that car with this error , you could have clogged the DPF making it your fault.
            After calmly explaining my situation and waiting for them to get off the phone to Suzuki with the bad news that I was going to have to pay for a Burn cycle and oil change ($350) I explained that it was now F!@$en Suzuki's new car and I'm sure the media will love the story.

Oh and don't follow there instructions by "It'll be ok we'll book it in next week". if you get any errors other than a burn cycle reminder , drive to or tow to your service centre that you trust and hand them the keys.

Michael
            97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
            2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
            2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
            2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
            2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
            Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Working...
            X