• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Alga

• Alga
    replied
    "Would appreciate any assistance or advice on the subject please?"

As Tony says, get a 1 micron filter bag which they use in restaurants, get one of those 20lt beer brewing containers the filter bags fits perfectly in them and with the tap you can get the oil out easily to use. I've use those green shopping bags from supermarkets for filtering on the road and they work ok. Steer clear of those small centrifuges, they can be real trouble, as soon as they slow down they drop all the gunk into your clean oil. Also tried using a spin drier as a centrifuge, but it didn't have the staying power to do the job. I bought an oil centrifuge from the USA and have had it well over ten years, still does an excellent job and save heaps of time and energy.

My series 80 cruiser has 170lt and 110lt long range tanks and carries another 20lt in a jerry can on the back of the car. That gives me at least 2400klm range and if I drive very carefully, have got over 2800klm and that was after a more powerful turbo, intercooler and dyno tune.
    Alga
    Last edited by Alga; 28 May 2022, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA

• Tony From West Oz
    replied
    Your best bet would be to get a 1 micron filter bag on ebay or elsewhere and a suitable container for it. I use a 20+L screw top black polythene container, which the filter bag sits into. The screw top lid can be screwed on a bit, but the filter bag prevents a tight seal. A tap on the side at the bottom will help you get the clean oil out of it. Have a second container that you can drain the clean oil into, so you can pour it into your tank. With the filter bag 3/4 full and smooth road, you could filter while driving, but I recommend that you filter while stationary. Less mess if you have to brake hard.

My filtering setup is at home and thus only used while stationary.
    Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 26 May 2022, 11:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yendor

• yendor
    started a topic Filtering SVO on the move

Filtering SVO on the move

Just got back from Fraser Island running my Landcruiser 105 series on SVO. Had the opportunity to get some unfiltered oil from Happy Valley but did not have anything to filter it to use.

Can anyone give me any suggestions how they have filtered on their travels ? I have been trying to find information on a small Centrifuge but most of the information and products are in the USA and freight is about the same as the Centrifuge?

Have been trying to find a Juicer to adapt for this purpose but they have a 45 degree basket not an enclosed type that holds the water and other contaminants inside?

Would appreciate any assistance or advice on the subject please?

thankyou,

Yendor
Working...
X