• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA

• Tony From West Oz
    replied
    TeePee, This has the 1KZTE engine which is IDI, with a mechanical, rotary Injector Pump.
    It does have a new type of injector though and I am concerned about any issues with the injectors when using veggie oil.
    I would like to fit a start/shutdown tank, but I doubt that there is room under the vehicle to install one.
    I have still not taken possession of the vehicle, it is still at the Car Yard's mechanical / upholstery repairers.
    I will have photos on here soon (I hope!)

Leave a comment:

• TeePee
    Biofuels Forum Newbie

• TeePee
    replied
    Hey Tony. Following with interest. I’m also on the lookout for a Prado for my wife which I plan to run on bio. You mention the one you just acquired is a 3 litre with mechanical IP. Is that the 5L series engine? My understanding is the 1KZTE engine comes with electronic injection?, cheers. Tom

Leave a comment:

• Tony From West Oz

• My conversion Journey; 2004 Toyota Landcruiser Prado 120 IDI diesel

While this is not a NEW vehicle *( I only ever purchased one NEW car in my life and that was when I was 18), I am taking my time with converting this one to run on Waste Vegetable oil as it is an unknown to me and I have no one who has done one to guide me.
    I plan to start with a 20% veggie oil blend with diesel and get to know the vehicle while I look at my options for adding a start / shutdown tank.
    If I cannot fit a start tank, then I will look at gradually increasing the proportion of oil in the blend, until I have issues with starting.
    My oil sometimes has a high proportion of high melting point oils, so a small heat exchanger will be installed prior to the fuel filter at some point in the conversion.

Watch this thread.
    Tony From West Oz
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 27 July 2022, 01:08 AM.
Working...
X