Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% animal fat

Hi there,

I went to a restaurant and paid for and collected some 'oil'.

However it is 100% animal fat.

I have already converted my Troopy to run off solid or high melting point veggie oil and wonder if I can do the same with the animal fat. I dont want to make biodiesel. I have a centrifuge to spin out all the water etc once I have heated it for preparation.

I have a 3 tank system - usually start on diesel and switch over to liquid VO then once the solid oil is heated I can use it. ( I have a 'hot rod' in the 'fat' tank with the fuel line insulated in with the in and out coolant pipes, then heat exchanger , then filter heated with more radiator pipes).
    I always purge with diesel at the end.

thanks
    Grant

Re: 100% animal fat

Originally posted by grantwe View Post
    Hi there,
    I went to a restaurant and paid for and collected some 'oil'.
    However it is 100% animal fat.
    I have already converted my Troopy to run off solid or high melting point veggie oil and wonder if I can do the same with the animal fat. I dont want to make biodiesel. I have a centrifuge to spin out all the water etc once I have heated it for preparation.
    I have a 3 tank system - usually start on diesel and switch over to liquid VO then once the solid oil is heated I can use it. ( I have a 'hot rod' in the 'fat' tank with the fuel line insulated in with the in and out coolant pipes, then heat exchanger , then filter heated with more radiator pipes).
    I always purge with diesel at the end.
    thanks
    Grant
    I wouldn't be paying for animal fat.
    However it should work just the same as your HMP Veg oil in your 3 tank system, as long as you can get it hot enough to flow through your filter(s).

Comment

Working...
    X