1998 Peugeot 406 - non HDi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Peugeot 406 - non HDi

I am looking into a 1998 Pug 406 STDT DB and running it on WVO. I plan on doing a very complete system, with a HotFox heated tank, heated fuel lines (HIH), heated filter and a heat exchanger close to the injection pump. From what I have gathered so far is this is the 2.1 ltr engine with the mechanical injection pump, it is not the 1.9L HDi. Does anyone know if these Pugs will handle the oil ok, I know the 405's are good but finding little info on the 406.

Re: 1998 Peugeot 406 - non HDi

Hello, please have a look at this link. Not much info on that model, though.

Vegetable oil fuels database

Comment

406 STDT cars have a Lucas Delphi pump that is particularly UNSUITABLE for bio or wvo
      a good website to google is 'diesel bob' in the UK, where he lists good / bad pumps.
      I have converted 2 406 STDT cars to older Bosch VE pumps, and this works very well.

Probably you have done it, or moved on, but anyway, the above is food for thought.
      contact me on 0415 476 474 if you need more info

Carl

Comment

Bio as long as its properly made will be OK, NO Veg oil as it will break internally, well known to do so in fact.

Lucas delphi pump of that age will not tolerate bio for too long as the seals will go (I know I have a 2000 306 XTDT off the road currently).

Your resealing options are limited too, could not find a replacment pump in Australia, 4200 as a guide to rebuild and 6300 to replace new fron Peugeot Australia (theives). Send it to the UK and for 5-600 UK pounds plus freight it will have new seals that should be bio compatible, fingers crossed. So for about $1400 it can be done.
        Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          6300 to replace new fron Peugeot Australia (theives).
          That's insane that is. You'd buy 2 spare pugs for that. Converting to a Bosch is what I would have done.

Comment

I contemplated that but was concerned about the finer adjustments around top end etc that may not be there, integration or lack of it for the ECU that runs the pump and the fuel cut off solenoid, all up it was simpler whilst costly to get it done in the UK.

Are the bosch copnversions fully and I mean fully integrated into the car.?

I agree that is a serious rip off and you could get two cars for that, not that I will ever contemplate owning another peugeot.
            Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Hi Matt,
              You know, after reading what you have posted I have come to the same conclussion. And that is a real shame because the newer ones look really nice.
              My Musso is still going fine after 5 years and 153000 km.
              Originally posted by Matt View Post
              ...not that I will ever contemplate owning another peugeot.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzalo View Post
                Hello, please have a look at this link. Not much info on that model, though.

Vegetable oil fuels database
                Mate - there is not much info on any model!!

Comment

Originally posted by Socrates View Post
                  Mate - there is not much info on any model!!
                  True. Not sure what happened there. All the info is gone!!

Comment

Working...
                  X