'98 Mercedes C250 Turbodiesel for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '98 Mercedes C250 Turbodiesel for sale

I have been driving this C250 for 3 years and it drives very well, It had good tyres, is well maintained, Glow plugs replaced recently. Air conditioner Compressor and Dryer replaced. Now has Ice Cold Air on demand, or any temperature, including too hot!

I have been using biodiesel in it for 2 years, prior to that, I was using a blend of petrol and WVO. I had difficulty getting more than half a tank of fuel usage, so I started making biodiesel. The problem continued. I diagnosed it as: the drivers side venturi pump was blocked and not moving fuel from that side of the "saddle tank" to where fuel is drawn to the motor. I developed a fix for this, which was to use the fuel tank drain valves and a 12v Fuel Pump to transfer the fuel from the drivers side of the tank to the passenger side of the tank, where the venturi works well. I now get full usage of tank capacity.

I found that the fuel filter replacement was made a lot easier if I used a fuel pump, in the fuel return line, to suck fuel thru the filter and back to the tank, eliminating the need to fill the filter with fuel and then still need to crank the engine too much to get the engine running again after a filter change. It now starts first pop after a filter change.
    I recommend that you replace the fuel line O rings annually with Viton O rings, as a precautionary measure. (Failure of any of the O rings on the suction side of the lift pump will result in a "failure to proceed" situation.)
    Spare parts included: 5 spare GPs, set of inlet manifold seals, cam cover seal set, some Mercedes O rings (viton O ring invoice included with documentation).

I have replaced it with a Musso Crew Cab Ute, which is what I need, with transporting feed for my sheep, chickens and my wife's birds. It is too high for me to lift a 60L drum of oil though, but it too has a towbar, so I can still use our trailer for oil collections.

My C250 is listed on Gumtree:

Gumtree listing includes the VIN.
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bedf...dan/1157190494

Should you like further information or photos, please contact me via the forum, using the Gumtree message service or by phone (number included in the Gumtree listing)

Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 10 September 2017, 02:46 AM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: '98 Mercedes C250 Turbodiesel for sale

sold
    sold
    sold

Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
    X