Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORONA virus alert updates

CORONA virus alert updates:

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.”

Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”
    The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.
    The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a
    “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Irish have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.”
    They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.”
    The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.”

Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey!”, I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and
    “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

tillyfromparadise
    Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 18 March 2020, 02:02 AM.

Re: CORONA virus alert updates

Comment

Comment

Mexicans demand crackdown on Americans crossing the border

Mexican protesters have shut a US southern border crossing amid fears that untested American travellers will spread coronavirus.
        Residents in Sonora, south of the US state of Arizona, have promised to block traffic into Mexico for a second day after closing a checkpoint for hours on Wednesday.
        They wore face masks and held signs telling Americans to "stay at home".
        Mexico has fewer than 500 confirmed Covid-19 cases and the US over 65,000.
        The border is supposed to be closed to all except "essential" business, but protesters said there has been little enforcement and no testing by authorities.
        The blockade was led by members of the group Sonorans for Health and Life, who called for medical testing to be done on anyone who crosses from the US into Mexico.
        Jose Luis Hernandez, a group member, told the Arizona Republic: "There are no health screenings by the federal government to deal with this pandemic. That's why we're here in Nogales. We've taken this action to call on the Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador to act now."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

Comment

Comment

Parrot hoarding toiletpaper

Comment

What A Bargain!!
              ONLY $39.99 for a 500ml bottle of 75% alcohol hand sanatizer From Kogan.
              (receive it in about two months)

I made my own 1000ml bottle of 95.5% alcohol hand sanatizer for $5.00 by replacing the top of a bottle of metho with a Dr Pepper screw-on top with a tiny hole drilled in the top.

75% Alcohol Antibacterial Instant Sanitiser (500ml)
              Kills 99.9% of germs!
              $39.99
              + Delivery
              Available in QLD 4550
              Ships on 18th May

See delivery informationSee Available Locations

tillyfromparadise
              Last edited by tillyfromparadise; 30 March 2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Tilly, you forgot to include glycerin and perfume in your sanitiser.
                We can't get Metho in Perth anymore, the hoarders have cornered the market for it.
                Another recipe is to use Aloe Vera jelly from the leaves to re-moisturise your hands. Works well I am led to believe.
                p.s. You could water your metho down to 70% and still have the same effectiveness.
                Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Originally posted by Tony From West Oz View Post
                  You could water your metho down to 70% and still have the same effectiveness.
                  Actually you should water it down. High concentrations of ethanol are not as effective as when it is a bit weaker, so I read.

Comment

In this time of hoarding toilet paper and tinned beef, I received this video I will share.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Today I decided to make some spray on sanitiser for soft furnishings. As you know, the COVID-19 can survive on fabric for a long time and if we need to clean our Airbnb and wish to ensure that the house is thoroughly sanitised, we need something that can be used on fabrics.
                            What is available that will not damage the fabric?
                            Not much!

I have a still and have distilled some alcohol for this purpose.
                            I diluted the heads from ~80% Alc. to 70% Alc., using my Alcometer hydrometer.
                            I added 5 mL of eucalyptus oil to the alcohol.

I sprayed it on fabric and my wife was impressed by the nice smell. The alcohol evaporates rapidly, but it should work to sanitise the lounge, cushions, curtains and carpets between guests.

We will have a 3 day break between guests, to minimise the risk of catching the virus.

Tony
                            Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
                            '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                            '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

Here is a very determined young lady.
                              https://www.facebook.com/natalie.car...6804668365577/

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Working...
                              X