Welcome to all our guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to all our guests

A warm welcome to all of our guests that happen to just follow the bread crumbs here, as I type this there are 12 guests looking at this site. Come on register your interest and join this community. The more people that we get the more drive we may have to convince the government to do something about this alternative fuel source and allow us to drive our cars knowing that we arn't harming the environment.

Once again, Welcome we are a friendly bunch

Adrian.

Guests?

Adrian, look in the blue bar at the top of the page. On the right next to "Log Out" is one marked "Quick Links". Open that and go down to "Who's Online". That will show most often, the majority of guests are either MSN or Google spiders, either looking for keywords for search engines, or looking for e-mail addresses for spammers.
    Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Re: Welcome to all our guests

Well, we do also welcome the google spiders, I am pleased that they seem to pay so much attention to this site (current google rank = 5, which is pretty good for a start!). Also I've noticed that new posts get listed on google searches pretty quickly now.

Adrian is right though, there are often guests who lurk and don't contribute. Lurking is OK, but it would be nicer if everyone registered and contributed.

We're doing pretty well for such a brand new community. I know it seems a little thin on the content in places and there are still quite a few areas that need to be filled out. We'd all like to see more like minded people showing up in our local areas, but it's still early days.

We'll get there soon. I reckon that by January, we'll have our 100th member.

The webstats (if anyone is curious) show between 100-145 unique visitors here per day, which has steadily grown from the 30-45 of several weeks back. Google is the #1 referring search engine, with 415 referrals in the last 10 days. MSN is at 34 with about 10 other "minors" trailing along. 68% of you come here directly, or from a bookmark. 23% via search engines and 8.3% from other referring sites (thanks to those of you who've posted links to this site from elsewhere). If anyone is interested in this site's stats, let me know and I can give you more
      Robert
      Administrator
      Last edited by Robert; 18 November 2005, 09:41 PM.
      Robert.
      Site Admin.

Comment

Re: Welcome to all our guests

Gunner never mind but I was also refering to the ppl that just lurk on here but dont register, and it was just a welcome mainly to everyone as well....

but yes you are correct they are just google spiders sitting on here searching as well.....

Comment

Working...
        X