Fuel Hose for B100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Hose for B100

I have been using some of this hose https://ph.parker.com/au/en/fuel-lin...ries-397/39705 for some time now, like a year or 2 with very good results.
    And the price is quite low compared to stuff on evelbay, that is supposed to be suitable for B100.
    Qwarla
    Last edited by Qwarla; 17 July 2021, 05:13 PM.

Re: Fuel Hose for B100

The spec sheet states "The hose is qualified with permanent crimp couplings for a safe and secure connection."
    How are you connecting it to the metal fuel pipes?
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

[QUOTE=How are you connecting it to the metal fuel pipes?[/QUOTE]

Push it on and install a clamp, either spring or screw, just like any other fuel hose.
      The big problem is finding a place that will sell in cut lengths and not a complete 250 foot roll.

The hose is qualified with permanent crimp couplings.... I think they mean it is suitable for permanent crimps.

Comment

OK, I thought that was the requirement, rather than suitability for them.
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

A cheapish and fairly hardy bio proof hose is poly-urethane . From hydraulic hose-doctor places e.g. Enzed.
          Available in a blue-ish clear , handy for tracking air bubbles from leaks.
          Soften ends with hot air or water as just before clamping on hose barbs to get a tight seal ; it is not that soft but is flexible enough to form bends

Comment

I have been using 8mm (5/16") fuel line hose from Repco, SKU:A9440856 at about $25/meter.
            Gates 27340 , 4219BF Barricade fuel injection hose. SAEJ30R14. Simple to install on 8mm tube using standard hose clamps.
            Several years of of service with B100 and no problems.

Comment

Final found bio proof fuel hose, My 405 pug finally has gone to god at 500 000kms lots of little things started breaking and I couldn't get parts, No AC no Heater then the radiator cracked. the engine is still great and I swapped it for a 307 with 150 ks on the clock. when I pulled the engine I discovered what I thought were steel fuel lines were nylon, and still like new. I pulled them off and they are a bit different to work with, they don't bend on tight radius but I found if you slip a spring over the line and dunk it in hot water then in cold water they take a bend very well. to get the line on a barb just coat the barb in motor oil and heat the line with a small gas torch like a cigar lighter. the push it on. once on it shrinks a little and will not come off unless heated with a torch. you don't even need a hose clamp. It takes a little practice to get the heat right too much and it will kink. The fuel lines have found new life on my Hilux, so hopefully, I will never have to replace them again.
              you can pick the hose up at most engineering stores just be aware the weird size is OD so 10mm hose will fit on a 8mm barb.
              https://www.vpw.com.au/parts/PFEFLQR074

Comment

There's a Goodyear product called Ortac that I buy from Blackwoods that's bio compatible. It's bright red so it looks pretty funky

Comment

Working...
                X