Can you make bio with Frytol oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you make bio with Frytol oil?

Hello all, I have access to a large amount of Frytol Oil which is labeled as “blended animal fat”. Can bio be made with this oil and has anyone ever done so if possible and got any tips? I’ve only ever made it from waste vegetable oil so I’m unsure if making it from blended animal fat is do-able.

Re: Can you make bio with Frytol oil?

Hi Jack,
    Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can make biodiesel from Frytol exactly like you make biodiesel from veg oil.
    As with any oil, the Frytol must remain liquid throughout the reaction.

Comment

Hi Jake, as Tilly said, that’s not a problem. The only thing you should keep in mind is that it will most likely set solid at lower temperatures, keep that in mind for winter.
      Also your glycerin will set solid pretty quick too, so you need to get it out of the processor pretty soon after the reaction. Using potassium hydroxide will slow that down, but I had it setting solid evens that.

good luck.

Jens
      Bueff
      Biofuel Enthusiast
      Last edited by Bueff; 30 July 2019, 09:36 PM.
      1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your help.

Now that I know I can use it I’ll get it all and keep it aside for summer fuel.

Thanks again.

Comment

Plus you get those great cliplock lid tins too.

Comment

Make sure you titrated it and hence get your catylist proportion accurate. If you get some unconverted oil when converting liquid vege oil to bio it causes no harm but get some unconverted fat in your bio and you've got a problem.
            Johnnojack
            4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
            Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X