Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the Infopop Biodiesel Forum ceased to operate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the Infopop Biodiesel Forum ceased to operate?

For about the last week the Infopop Biodiesel Forum has been unavailable with the following information displayed

"Service Not Available
    This page is not available. The service for this site has been suspended."

http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751

Re: Has the Infopop Biodiesel Forum ceased to operate?

Tilly, I got the same message.
    Perhaps they failed to pay their hosting fees?
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Will this forum go the same way? Lately there has been about as much traffic here as the Canning stock route in January.
      Johnnojack
      4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
      Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

We will just have to do more posting about our greasy interests!
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

With the price of fuel lately I would have thought there'd be more greasers on the road...
          If I didn't have a fuel card and a lovely new Navara I'd be looking at a Merc powered vehicle again.
          97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
          2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
          2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
          2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
          2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
          Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

I am still here . I made biodiesel from acorns 3/5/2011 . I used a solvent extraction method to obtain the vegetable oil . I don't have the numbers in front of me but I might have got 5% oil from the weight of acorns. I never developed it into a commercial product . I made methyl biodiesel , ethyl biodiesel , isopropyl biodiesel , n-propyl biodiesel . By using different alcohols in making biodiesel , slighty different properties occur.

Comment

I used the URL http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/ and got the following message:
              This account has been suspended.
              Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Maybe Bob has had enough of infopop because of the lack if interest. I feel sorry for some of the members on there asking questions. Their query would stay on there for a couple of days with no reply.

Comment

Originally posted by SUZUDDIS View Post
                  With the price of fuel lately I would have thought there'd be more greasers on the road...
                  I'd say more complicated and expensive engine technology, the lack of an app as well as the rarely ability of using ones brain keeps a lot of youngsters away.

geeeeeezzz do I sound old !

not saying there are no smart youngsters out there, but from my experience, the ones I have tried to motivate just shrug their shoulders and say 'why whould you bother'

all good just keep paying for your fuel.
                  1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Jens I find that generally people have to have what I call " A cold Winter" in their life before they realise that every little gain is worthwhile and the effects of each little gain is compounding towards success / financial freedom.

young people have it too easy these days when they are kids. I dont think anything has changed with financial pressures when you geta little older (mortgage, cars etc), but in the late teens / early 20's no one seems to give a hoot.

Comment

Cade, That is true, but they also would find it beneficial to have an enquiring mind and a degree of diagnostic ability.

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

INFOPOP is down , so is Biodiesel Forum Ireland . One of the latest unanswered question on Biodiesel Forum Ireland was doing pyrolysis of plastics and or used vegetable oil to obtain useful chemicals . My mother told me an older person told her the money is in the junk end of the business . Taking unwanted used vegetable oil or plastic junk and making it into fuel is potentially profitable and maybe a process patent could be gotten on it.

Comment

The Infopop forum is back up!

Comment

Working...
                          X