X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homebewing legal or not

Is the making of BD at home legal or not

Re: homebewing legal or not

Gday Hidatid,Without heaps of paperwork it is not legal to homebrew with customs and excise,local fire dept,local council,EPA,nosy neighbours and i am not sure with OH&S.But dont let them stop you from reducing your footprint on this earth.regards westwinds

Comment

Originally posted by Hidatid View Post
      Is the making of BD at home legal or not
      If you have the appropriate permissions from the local and state governments and are registered as a Biodiesel Producer with the ATO, then it is legal.

Regards,
      Tony
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

David,
        I know of one registered with the ATO who has also complied with all council and State laws, as far as I know. Jonathon Thwaites see his website here
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
        '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
        '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
        '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
        '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
        '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
        '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
        '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
        '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
        '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
        Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

If you want to familiarise yourself with the Government's untenable position regarding homemade biodiesel, have a read through the BEER thread on Infopop.

BEER Website - Topic Powered by eve community

Comment

Jonathan is a great guy. He is an expert in Biodiesel (he even pays excise duty !!). He has helped me a lot.

Comment

I would be more than happy to do all the Paperwork as long as it meant I could continue for as long as I like making Biodiesel, however I suspect it would be very difficult to keep everyone happy for all time.
              HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
              Canberra

Comment

Have you actually looked into the amount of paperwork required? For each batch? For the individual componets in processing of the biodiesel? For storage? For usage? For wastage? For excise tax? Are you ready for the ATO to visit you whenever they please to check your documentation and facilities (3:00am?). Do you want to keep these records for 5 years, just in case the ATO decides to back audit you?

This is commercial business criteria applied to the common home producer - it is so far over the top as to be beyond a laughing matter, it is oppressive conduct by a government that has lost contact with reality.

And here we go into the Peak Oil scenario - compliments of a government that hasn't got a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Syd View Post
                  Have you actually looked into the amount of paperwork required? For each batch? For the individual componets in processing of the biodiesel? For storage? For usage? For wastage? For excise tax? Are you ready for the ATO to visit you whenever they please to check your documentation and facilities (3:00am?). Do you want to keep these records for 5 years, just in case the ATO decides to back audit you?
                  Terry

NO and NO - Your last two comments are the very reasons (and the amount of paper work) I won't do it..
                  HDJ80 (aka Kiwipete)
                  Canberra

Comment

As long as I'm venting, take a look at the BEER thread and how the pollies kept lying and moving the goal posts. Everytime they would be confronted with their BS, they simply re-grouped and created another fiction. When that one was also knocked down, no problem, here's another bogus reason.

These people have no credibility - they are pathological liars.

If they were to say "trust us" this time, then just look to their past. My Grandpappy always said, "If a man will lie to you once, he will lie to you twice." Hell, they already logged up more lies than I can count now!

There is a discussion on the BEER thread about the gun laws and how the goal posts have and keep moving. It is an appropriate analogy to any licensing scheme. Get in at your own risk - and trust the pollies to do the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X