COVID-19 hurting oil feedstocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 hurting oil feedstocks?

Interesting to see the virus is dominating discussion here too. Seems there is no escape from it.

How are everyone's oil reserves going now that all the cafes & restaurants are closed?

My old source in Sydney has dried up so I assume I have SFA chance of finding any in Canberra.

I think I've put at least 5 tanks of dino through the Rodeo now. EGTs are much higher meaning I really have to back off on the hills, but economy is way up. 9 to 10 L/100km vs 11 - 12 on bio.

Helpful that all of this coincided with the oil price tanking I guess?

If I get really desperate to biofuel again I can buy fresh 'Good Luck' oil from Costco for $2/L.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5465.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	94873
    3DB
    1995 Holden (Isuzu) Rodeo 2.8TD 4X4 - B100 since April 2013
    1976 Mercedes 300D Turbo 'The Coal Grenade' - B100 since May 2016 - SOLD
    1994 Peugeot 405 SRDT 1.9L intercooled turbo diesel (Shitbox Rally car.) - B100 since August 2019 - SOLD
    @thirddegreeburns on Instagram
    @thirddegreeburns2019 on Facebook

Re: COVID-19 hurting oil feedstocks?

Hi 3DB,

My oil supplies are still flowing but I am not sure how long.
    But I have a two year supply of biodiesel and a three year supply of WVO in the back yard so it is not a problem.

Of course the oil price tanking is in large part due to the coronavirus along with the Saudia Arabia and Russia fighting to see who will control the price of oil.
    Airlines have cut back around 90% and that will put all that Avtur/ Kerosine available with no one wanting to buy it.

If I needed diesel fuel I would be contacting some fuel depots here in Paradise and see what the price of avtur/kerosene is now.
    But I do not have to do anything for at least 5 years.

Stay safe

Tilly

Comment

Diesel $1.17 at our local Liberty servo today. Petrol 87
      Johnnojack
      4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
      Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnojack View Post
        Diesel $1.17 at our local Liberty servo today. Petrol 87
        Holy dooly, we are certainly getting ripped off up here. Diesel is 'going down' to 1.42 here in Nimbin. Not that is worries me, just shows that this fuel compactness do what ever they want.
        Fortunately Iam in the same boat as Tilly, I was able to stockpile a fair bit, and with the border now closed, my travels have been reduced massively.
        On the upside, once this is over and one is quick enough, there could be new opportunities for cafes/restaurants coming up.
        stay safe everyone
        1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Comment

Without doing much research , I've read in the USA gasoline was down to one USA dollar per gallon . The Russians and Saudi Arabians had a recent price war on petroleum , selling for five USA dollars per barrel . Inexpensive liquid fuel is good , right ? The ethanol biofuel industry in Brasil is taking a hit . Brasil makes ethanol from sugar cane . The last time I checked fuel grade ethanol cost about eight dollars per gallon to make . In the USA about one third of the corn crop was intended to make ethanol as a gasoline , petrol additive . Five dollars per barrel for crude oil causes problems for petroleum producers in Texas . Where I am I saw gasoline 87 octane for one dollar and forty seven cents per gallon. I've heard indonesia is having problems with biofuels made from rap seed due to low petroleum current cost .
          WesleyB
          Donating Member
          Last edited by WesleyB; 1 April 2020, 09:06 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Diesel has settled at about $1.35 and petrol at about $1.20 in Brisbane.
            It does show though that we can drop a lot more if it is cheaper down south at $1.17 for dino.

I was wondering how everyone was going with stores as there are a lot of oil supplies around that would have dried up.
            It hasn't stopped the local takeaway stores in my neighbourhood though. Still selling a lot of fish and chips but the oil smells cleaner.

Best of luck.
            97 Jeep XJ Cherokee on B100. 0 km's on B100 and counting !!!! (Sold)
            2002 Merc ML270 now on B100. (Sold)
            2006 Ssangyong Musso 2.9 t idi (Sold)
            2015 NP300 Navara ( Sold )
            2018 NP300 Navara ( B5 )

Stainless processor with blue water pump.
            Tetragonula Hockingsi

Take the Leap and grow wings on the way down

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I just had a look and found the below website that gives the current price for petrol all around the country.

It looks like E10 can be had for as low as 97.7c a litre in Brisso and diesel as low as 127.9c a litre

An interesting place is Miles Qld, about 5 hours west of Brisso where fuel is always cheap compared to surrounding towns. E10 is currently 119.9c a litre in Miles

https://petrolspy.com.au/map/latlng/...34/150.1843769

Comment

Tilly, I topped up my Musso with diesel yesterday at $1.09/L in Welshpool WA (near Perth). A few servos had that price.
                Tony
                Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
                '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
                '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
                '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
                '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
                '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
                '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
                '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
                '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
                '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
                '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
                '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
                '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
                Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Seems to be a bit about still, take away shops still busy around here. I've got a new job and I ride a bike to work now so hardly using any oil particularly that we can't go anywhere on the weekend.

Comment

Getting less oil but using a lot less. I had 16 cubies filled to take away Easter, was going to an event on NSW Sth coast but it was cancelled. Now not even game to go on a drive to Victor Harbor after all the flak holiday home owners are getting just going to their empty holiday homes to mind their own business.
                    Johnnojack
                    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
                    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X