This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Biodiesel Suppliers in Sydney

This thread has been made and stuck at the top of this list, as the last sticky thread I originally made has now been superseded with new information.
    I am pleased to announce the following ways to purchase biodiesel in Sydney (or NSW):

1. The Biodiesel Station. This service station in Marrickville is pumping B100, B50 and B20, all at prices under that dirty distillate stuff that we al used to run our engines on. They distribute their fuel from ABG, which is certified to Australian Standards. They have a website here for the latest info.

2. The Sydney Biodiesel Purchasing Group was set up before the above station came on line, with the intention of making biodiesel previously only available to large fleets, available to the ordinary user. Initially, we purchased our fuel from Waterway Fuels in Rozelle, who truck down biodiesel from ABG. The other location we purchased from was Biodiesel Industries Australia in Rutherford. Either way, we will arrange ourselves into a group so that we may buy in bulk. Minimum orders are set at 1 drum (200L) and we have to transport and store them ourselves. There are still some people who will be buying biodiesel in this manner, while others will be simply using option 1. If you would like to join the purchasing group, please see this thread.

3. There is also a service station in Kempsy: Hi Speed Auto Gas, 103 Smith st Kempsey, 02 6562 4505. I've not got any other details on this, but I've heard from Paul Martin that he's been running for a month or two selling biodiesel from the Rutherford plant. If anyone has any more details of this, please let me know.
    Robert
    Administrator
    Last edited by Robert; 25 March 2006, 11:25 PM.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Current Biodiesel Supplies in Sydney

There are also sites selling blended Caltex/Rutherford BD at Bogas Hexham, Bogas Tamworth, Bogas Gunnedah, and Bogas Quirindi. For inquiries re an updated site list, contact Access Energy on (02) 4964 8844.
    Mazda's Secret Service motto: "Tell 'em nothing, charge 'em double".

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner
      There are also sites selling blended Caltex/Rutherford BD at Bogas Hexham, Bogas Tamworth, Bogas Gunnedah, and Bogas Quirindi. For inquiries re an updated site list, contact Access Energy on (02) 4964 8844.
      I checked out the Bogas at Hexham and they sell Unleaded petrol "with ethanol", as well as "E10" unleaded petrol, and the diesel pump is labelled "B5".

So I guess it's a start...
      ..Neil

VW Touareg R5 TDI

Comment

Anyone heard of a servo at Milperra selling bio as well now?

Comment

I drove down to the marrickville station this arvo to fill up for my 3rd tank of 100. Noticed a price increase from $1.24 p/ltr to $1.29 p/ltr, when i asked why the price hike he replied "our pumps are locked" meaning he couldnt sell any to me. So i managed to head back home and grab a 4 cent voucher and filled up at woolies again. I wont pay $1.29 p/ltr for it. Its cheaper to run the toxic stuff, so i guess the experiment was short lived. I knew the price would not stay at that price for long. Seems people want to get rich quick. I wont play a part in that im affraid.
          Aploigies to you all but i am angry, I knew it was too good to last. But i did notice many improvements to my GQ running 100, was looking forward to changing engine oil this weekend and seeing if there would be any difference using bio, but that wont be happening now.

Ange.

Comment

Sorry you got there before you had read any of the messages I'd posted about this. If you have a look at the top of this message you will see the first point has been changed to reflect the fact that due to problems with the operator (Rally Service Centre), The Biodiesel station has been forced to stop pumping. However, they will still help us out if we can organise a time and cash to fill up. Please read the first post in this thread and follow the link there to the thread with more info.
            Robert.
            Site Admin.

Comment

I've found out where the servo with bio at Milperra is from another forum.
              it is at the Zoom servo at Milperra and River rd near ARB Southern.

Comment

Hi Ozhumvee,

Do you mean Riverside Rd Milperra? Tell us some more about it - do you know where they get it from (Rutherford or ABG)?. How much are they selling it for? What blends are they selling? Are they clearly displaying that it is biodiesel? How long have they been selling it? Sounds exciting for anyone who is down South.
                Robert.
                Site Admin.

Comment

Re: Current Biodiesel Suppliers in Sydney

I've called Zoom and confirmed that "yes" they do have biodiesel. They are selling B50 at the moment. What concerned me slightly was that they could not really give me good details on where they'd got it from. They could only tell me that they'd bought it from "Diamond Fuels", or "Future Fuels". I've not heard of these guys before and nor have ABG, or BIA in Rutherford, currently the only 2 plants in NSW who are making Biodiesel to Australian Standard.
                  Possibilities:
                  1. There is a company who are buying in bulk from either BIA or ABG and not telling them what they do with it. They are then splash blending it with mineral diesel in their tanker before delivering it to Milperra.
                  2. There is another biodiesel producer in NSW that I have not heard of before who is supplying them.
                  I'm really happy that there is another player in the marketplace, but we really need to know more about them first. It is a little worrying that we can buy biodiesel without having any way of knowing a) where it came from and b) whether it meets spec. What guarantee/backup do we get if there are any problems with the fuel.
                  If you do get any more info from them if you happen to be down that way, we really need to know. As soon as I have more info, I'll list them as a supplier that the top of this thread.
                  Robert.
                  Site Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Cokeaddict
                    I drove down to the marrickville station this arvo to fill up for my 3rd tank of 100. Noticed a price increase from $1.24 p/ltr to $1.29 p/ltr, when i asked why the price hike he replied "our pumps are locked" meaning he couldnt sell any to me. So i managed to head back home and grab a 4 cent voucher and filled up at woolies again. I wont pay $1.29 p/ltr for it. Its cheaper to run the toxic stuff, so i guess the experiment was short lived. I knew the price would not stay at that price for long. Seems people want to get rich quick. I wont play a part in that im affraid.
                    Ange.
                    Att "Cokeaddict" the price for B100 is not $1.29, that is the price for B20, try reading the sign next time, and if you have a problem with paying for Biodiesel, just wait a couple of years for Australia to guzzle the finite supply of petro diesel that remains in the country.

I suspect your comments are based in frustration of not gettting what you want when you want it. You should look at that. As for "get rich quick" I will gladly let you drop tens of thousands of your dollars into underground tanks, and then sit and wait for wonderful customers (like yourself) to come and repay you for the risk. Yes I make a return on my investment, and it is well under 2% currently, so the next time you feel you are being screwed at The Biodiesel Station, take a little look at Woolies Corporate perfomrance and tell me then about "get rich quick" - thier clever "$.04 coupon addiction" is driving Woolworth's stock and profits to the highest in history. They are playing you for a sucker. Morris
                    Morris Lyda
                    [URL=http://www.thebiodieselstation.com]
                    The Biodiesel Station

Comment

Robert,

Just signed up to the forum. I sighted a biodiesel supplier in Narrandera - opposite the railway station - as I passed through today. I was unaware of any retail outlets until sighting that one. I am unclear on the details (ie B100, B50 etc), but the staff gave me a glossy leaflet from a group called Green Petroleum operating out of West Numurkah, VIC. The leaflet has a statement from "Bio-diesel Australia" (nfi) backing the product. The fuel was retailing for $1.24/l as opposed to $1.40 for petroleum diesel. I have found no further info on the net regarding this service station or the supplier.

Comment

Thanks Priceyoz for the info. There seem to be a few of these biodiesel suppliers popping up with seemingly no real details backing them on where they got it, whether it meets spec etc. I do not know of any supplier, or organisation called "bio-diesel Australia", but there seem to be new ones popping up all the time. Problem is that none of them seem to have any web presence and some of them cannot even be tracked down with a phone listing in the white pages. This worries me a little. Are there any phone numbers or web addresses in the brochure? Could you scan a copy of the brochure for us here? I will attempt to track it down if you can get me some more info.

Cheers,
                        Robert.
                        Site Admin.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have just filled my Toyota Hilux up and to my suprise found I had just purchased Biodiesel, I admit I bought purely on price $1.26.9 before I noticed a sign informing me of the Biodiesel.

I did a bit of research to see what it was I had purchased and found this site.

The Garage in question is a Volume Plus outlet next to The Sharks Stadium on Captain Cook Drive Cronulla.

Now I know what it is, I'll use it for a while and see what benefits there are other than financial.

Cheers Bob.

Comment

Brilliant Bob. Seems that there are a few stations popping up in the South now selling biodiesel, which is very good news. Still, I'd really love to know more about where they get the supply from, what blends they are selling it at, whether it is made to Australian Spec and what sort of consumer guarantees they have in place. If anyone buys biodiesel from a servo, could you please see if they can give you any info about it (as above) or even better, the name and number of the producer that supplies them? I'd like to compile a list of the Servos in Sydney that sell it and info about what people are getting. If I can contact their supplier, they may be able to give me this info.
                            Robert.
                            Site Admin.

Comment

The name of the supplier to the Narrandera service station is Green Petroleum. They have produced a glossy brochure extolling the virtues of biodiesel, but have no web presence. The address details are:

Saxton St
                              West Numurkah, VIC
                              Ph (03) 5862 1900
                              Fax (03) 5862 1612

(edited by Robert - I've now also added the brochure you sent me in here as an attachment too)
                              Robert
                              Administrator
                              Last edited by Robert; 21 March 2006, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X