Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in WVO type

Hi,

Will changing the type of WVO make a difference?

I am currently collecting cottonseed oil from a restaurant. The restaurant has given me contact details for another restaurant that would also like to supply me, but they use soy bean oil and canola oil. Will mixing the oil type together make any difference? Are there any combinations of oil types that others have tried and found that they were not compatible?

Cheers
    Paul

Re: Change in WVO type

I take what I can get, that is Soy, Canola, and Cottonseed. Soy tends to dry more than the other 2, cottonseed does get thick in cold weather. All mixed together it tends to cancel out these properties. Remember that with used oil you will also get fat, mostly chicken but also beef, lamb pork and fish. My ideal supplier would be a fish and chip shop using Canola.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X