Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicles running on Biodiesel - Vehicles for addition to the stickied post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicles running on Biodiesel - Vehicles for addition to the stickied post.

We have a similar thread on the WVO Forum where vehicles people have converted to use WVO are listed.

I felt it was time to create a similar sticky on the Using Biodiesel Forum

Well, Here it is:Here it is:

If you have a diesel vehicle which you operate on biodiesel (or blends above B30), please provide the following information for addition to the above sticky.
    Make/Model ; Year ; Engine (Common Rail?); Distance / Time; Blend ratio; Issues; Member (optional).

I will check this thread at every login to ensure that the lists are populated promptly with your information.

As I add vehicles which are similar to the entries in Blue, in the lists, I will remove the Blue entries. Eventually, only entries in Black will be in the list.

If you wish to update the entry for your vehicle(s), please post here with the updated information.

Regards,
    Tony
    Over to you.

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony From West Oz
    Vice Chairperson of WARFA
    Last edited by Tony From West Oz; 23 May 2010, 11:08 PM.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Re: Vehicles running on Biodiesel - Vehicles for addition to the stickied post.

Hi Tony,

great Idea.

Please add :

Toyota Landcruiser 100 series HZJ105, 2002, 1HZ motor, Non turbo, rotary pump, Indirect Injection, B100 for 115,000 klm / 5 years, Occasional air leak from the primer pump/filter assembly, Captaincademan.

Also:

Toyota Landcruiser HJ75, 1988, 2H motor, Non turbo, In line pump, Indirect Injection, B100 for about 80,000 klm / 5 years. replaced rubber hoses. reluctant cold start above the snow line.

Thanks Tony, Have fun!

Comment

you can add
      1980 toyota hilux 2.2 l engine non turbo, rotary pump, b100, 60000km 7 years, replaced rubber fuel lines.
      speedo five digit unknown how many times it been around!

1994 toyota estima (skinny jap tarago) 3ct turbo intercooled engine, rotary pump b100 8 months 10 000km, loss of power due to blocked fuel filter.
      speedo 250 000kms

1994 peugeot 405 psa 1.9turbo intercooled engine, rotary pump, b100 12000kms 1 year, replaced glow plugs but unlikely to be a fuel problem.
      speedo 290 000kms

smithw

Comment

Done tonight
        Tony
        Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Previous Vehicles:
        '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
        '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)

Comment

Toyota Hi-Lux Surf, 1993, KZN-130 (3 litre turbo) engine, almost 100,000km - 4 years mainly on B100, but with occasional petro-diesel; only 1 hose failure - just prior to filter; yorta2.

Comment

Nissan Patrol GQ TD42 89 Turbo, 2 years on BD100 and 28000km, sold yesterday with a total of 235000km on the clock. rotary pump, only one hard to start (failure to run) after a below 5deg night and an early morning start with Frytol Bio let it sit for an hour and no worries

Nissan Patrol GQ TD42 91 stole turbo from the 89 model one above, 13000km on BD100, has a total of 320000km on the clock, rotary pump

old mans Pajero 2.8 turbo/inter cooled, two years on Bio BD100 28000km with heaps of problems (IP related), IP is in for a rebuild now and diesel mechanic blames Bio but it had the problem before bio was used so??? I am amazed at how long it kept going before the cold mornings got to it haha

cheers Murf
            3 years of BD100 using the Dr Mark Imisides method, currently making 10,000lt/year

1991 GQ Patrol 4.2 with DTS turbo

Comment

do old Fiat tractors count?

30yo?? in-line pump only a few hundred ltrs over the two years and haven't changed filter yet must put that on my GUNNA list

cheers Murf
              3 years of BD100 using the Dr Mark Imisides method, currently making 10,000lt/year

1991 GQ Patrol 4.2 with DTS turbo

Comment

hi Tony
                the entry on the sticky is incorrect

Toyota estima (skinny jap tarago) 1994 3L turbo intercooled engine, rotary pump b100 8 months 10 000km, loss of power due to blocked fuel filter. speedo 250 000kms

1994 toyota estima (skinny jap tarago) 3ct turbo intercooled engine, rotary pump b100 8 months 10 000km, loss of power due to blocked fuel filter.
                speedo 250 000kms

the 3ct is the engine type not size, it is in fact a 2.2 liter engine which is quite different to a hilux engine. It more like a diesel corolla engine .just to stop any confusion
                thanks
                warrick

Comment

Couple more here
                  98 Mazda bravo 2.5 non turbo, 120 000 km on B100, 3-4 years,
                  odometer 240 000 km
                  Doing well, except in winter when I need to add about 40% dino.
                  05 Mercedes vito 2.1 turbo computer controlled plastic engine, 20 000 km on B100, 7months, odometer 120 000 km
                  Does well, except in winter, goes well on 40% as above. Very economical 900+ km on 80L

Comment

updated tonight
                    Warwick, please check the changes I have made. I feel the engine capacity is useful to members, so do wish to incluide it there.

Tony

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

updated tonight
                      Warwick, please check the changes I have made. I feel the engine capacity is useful to members, so do wish to incluide it there.

Tony

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Toyota LandCruiser, 80 Series ; 1990 ; 1HD-T; 100,000 (on B100) ; fuel pump rebuilt with new vitron seals.

VW Golf, Series V (Comfortline) ; 2005 ; 2.0 TDi (Common Rail) on B50 ; 6 months ; no issues......yet.
                        Maverick
                        Canberra

Comment

Hi Tony Great idea BucknBeth 1997 300tdi landrover 2.5 turbo intercooled non common rail. 120,000k on BD80 winter and BD100 summer produced from mostly lard. In winter use top 500lts of 1000ltr container to use lighter oil. Had injector pump rebuilt at 200,000k (100,oook on bio) purley as a maintainance item. no probs very clean. had all viton seals fitted. Extra fuel filter fitted. Drain fuel tanks and flush each year to remove water/rust. rubber fuel lines replaced with viton. Small 100% fossil diesel tank fitted for inland winter trips as lard bio clouds early (depending on blend)

1995 Mitsubishi Delica 2.8 intercooled turbo non common rail. 53.000k bio same profile as above. Most old Delica's need a pump rebuild by now. Had mine done when purchased and no probs so far. Extra fuel filter fitted and wonder if a small fuel boost pump would help as this car drops perfomance when 2nd filter partially full

Comment

1998 Hilux 3ltr using B100 for 4 years and over 70000km. No issues except froze fuel in fuel line last winter in a frosty gully, by 10am it was a goer again. No clogged filters, ever!!
                            I want to know if anyone is running a Hyundai Terracan CRDI(Common Rail deisel) on bio and at what ratio?

Comment

Updated tonight

Tony

Previous Vehicles:

Comment

Working...
                              X