Accelerate biogas production from waste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerate biogas production from waste

Scientists from Tomsk Polytechnic University have developed the technology and created an experimental bioenergy plant for processing organic waste into biogas and biofertilizer. The electric activation system allows speeding up the methanogenesis process up to five times, increasing the process productivity and biogas output.

The impact of electric current on organics helps to stabilize and accelerate the process, methanogens begin to work more actively, absorb more organics and increase the yield of biogas.

Re: Accelerate biogas production from waste

South of down town Fort Worth , Texas , USA about 6-8 miles next to Interstate highway 35 on the west is a covered garbage landfill area . there are pipes coming up from the ground . I believe they capture methane gas produced by rotting garbage . It seems to be a man made natural gas well . There was a biodiesel africa site that gave information on making swamp gas , sewer gas (methane) .

Comment

Re: Accelerate biogas production from waste

Plenty of information on Biogas production. Every landfill site has methane production. In Germany forests were planted over landfill sites and the trees all died from the methane percolating thru the soil past their roots.
      Most modern landfill sites have an impervious layer at the bottom of the hole to prevent contaminated water leaching into groundwater. They also lay collection pipes to take the methane to storage / pumping station.
      In Australia there are penalties for venting methane to the atmosphere. If it is not commercially viable to sell the methane, or use it to generate power, then it is burnt, producing CO2, which has a much lower impact on the Ozone Layer.
      Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
      '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
      '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
      '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
      '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
      '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
      '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
      '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
      '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
      '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
      '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
      '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
      '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
      Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Working...
      X