1 litre test batch with new oil issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 litre test batch with new oil issues

Careful guys, conversion % in bio that is washed will affect things, just ask me. Unwashed might have the benefit of stopping oil from coating pump internals and gumming things up. Unwashed is my plan too.Afterall methanol is used in french polishing as is ethanol to liquify the material so they have solvent capabilities.
    Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Careful guys, conversion % in bio that is washed will affect things, just ask me. Unwashed might have the benefit of stopping oil from coating pump internals and gumming things up. Unwashed is my plan too.Afterall methanol is used in french polishing as is ethanol to liquify the material so they have solvent capabilities.

Matt, if you water wash you biodiesel there will be NO free methanol in it. Almost all the methanol will come out in the very first water wash.
      I always water wash, do not always have high conversion and have never had any problems.

You may have problems if you do not dry the biodiesel.

Comment

Not washing may have methanol in it which can provide some energy and possibly solvent properties, but you will still have some glycerine in it as well which is bad. Wash and settle and use in 2 weeks with no glycerine, or no wash settle for 3 months and still have traces of glycerine.
        Johnnojack
        4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 200000km on WVO,(2020) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids FPHE, heated filter fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned as trouble free.
        Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: 2 tank system, bigger fuel line from tank, no heat exchanger, electric pump for diesel 22000km so far sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X