Nissan Navara compatable with Bio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Navara compatable with Bio

Could somebody advise if the Nissan Navara stx 2.5 T/D manual dual cab is compatable with Bio. a friend has bought one and wants to make Bio but he said that the manual states that this car is not compatable with BIo fuel?? I can't see why it wouldnt be as it is not a high performance engine. maybe it has a computer that won't let it for gas reasons etc.
    thanks
    Oily
    sigpic

Re: Nissan Navara compatable with Bio

While the manufacturer may not have confidence in biodiesel, the diesel engine will run well on biodiesel. The only issues are:
    • whether it is still under warranty,
    • if you value the warranty over the benefits of biodiesel,
    • the proportion of biodiesel you plan to use (B5, B20, B50, or B100), and
    • the quality of the biodiesel you plan to use.

Many modern diesels are operated on biodiesel (B100) with no negative issues.
    Some modern diesels have problems wioth petroleum diesel and are not covered by the manufacturers warranty. Poor fuel of any type, can cause IP damage.
    If you plan to use biodiesel, perform tests on it to determine the quality of the fuel. Search this forum for "testing biodiesel".

I hope this helps,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Comment

Tony,
      Thank you for the reply, I will pass the message on and help him make his Bio, I have now done about 150,000 on 100% Bio in My 86 landcruiser and it loves it . it must be good for the engine as mine has done 435000 and I still haven't done the injectors and it's not blowing smoke. A mate of mine who is a mechanic said " IF IT AIN'T BROKE LEAVE IT ALONE"
      Thanks again for the info Oily
      sigpic

Comment

How did your mate get on? I have a 2006 Navarra and am keen to get it running on Bio

Comment

Originally posted by oily View Post
          Tony,
          I still haven't done the injectors and it's not blowing smoke. A mate of mine who is a mechanic said " IF IT AIN'T BROKE LEAVE IT ALONE"
          Thanks again for the info Oily
          Correct, B100 will keep them quite clean and working at specification far better than you would expect. Minimal coking / sooting on the pintles of mine after 150K km B100
          Biodiesel Bandit

Landcruiser '98 80 series B100.

Comment

Working...
          X