Toyota Landcruiser 60 series Simplest Conversion 1988 HJ61 Fremantle WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Landcruiser 60 series Simplest Conversion 1988 HJ61 Fremantle WA

Hey Everyone Recently got a toyota landcruiser 60 series, which long term I'd like to get converted full and proper.

Short term, I'd really like to get something up and running as quick as possible, with as little hassle, which would allow me to run on a percentage of vege oil, without needing a separate tank. I've heard from some people, you can use straight filtered vege oil, on a 50/50 ratio.

Anybody have any specific information on the requirements of this for the HJ61?? Assuming fuel injector heaters would be useful, or a heat exchange??

Also for longer term, has anybody got any experience with kits? For simplicity? And which models/brands are any good or best value.

I'm based in the SW of WA moving between Denmark, Perth and all around. Any contacts, or oil filtration places would be valuable.

Thanks heaps

Fox

Re: Toyota Landcruiser 60 series Simplest Conversion 1988 HJ61 Fremantle WA

What engine does it have?

What gaps in the information provide at https://www.biofuelsforum.com/thread...place-to-start that you don’t understand?
    Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
    12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
    Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
    Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
    Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Originally posted by rbwfox View Post
      Hey Everyone Recently got a toyota landcruiser 60 series, which long term I'd like to get converted full and proper.

Short term, I'd really like to get something up and running as quick as possible, with as little hassle, which would allow me to run on a percentage of vege oil, without needing a separate tank. I've heard from some people, you can use straight filtered vege oil, on a 50/50 ratio.

Anybody have any specific information on the requirements of this for the HJ61?? Assuming fuel injector heaters would be useful, or a heat exchange??

Also for longer term, has anybody got any experience with kits? For simplicity? And which models/brands are any good or best value.

I'm based in the SW of WA moving between Denmark, Perth and all around. Any contacts, or oil filtration places would be valuable.

Thanks heaps

Fox
      If you engine is 12ht, you have to be careful with what you put into it, if it's a 2h, then they are pretty bomb proof. You can run a 2H on 50/50 dino/vo, but you will have problems with blocked filters and as for kits, in my opinion waste of time, money and effort.

It takes just a couple of hours to setup a VO system with a dual tank and if you have fuel problems you have another tank to drive on. I use 2.5lt under bonnet tanks which are really cheap on ebay, get yourself some ball valves, some 12mm fuel or food grade plastic hose, an inline filter and off you go. When finished for the day just switch to the under bonnet tank and flush the system.

There are ample instructions, plans and photo's on this site of many different setups, all you have to do is look and then ask questions if you have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Alga View Post
        If you engine is 12ht, you have to be careful with what you put into it, if it's a 2h, then they are pretty bomb proof. You can run a 2H on 50/50 dino/vo, but you will have problems with blocked filters and as for kits, in my opinion waste of time, money and effort.

It takes just a couple of hours to setup a VO system with a dual tank and if you have fuel problems you have another tank to drive on. I use 2.5lt under bonnet tanks which are really cheap on ebay, get yourself some ball valves, some 12mm fuel or food grade plastic hose, an inline filter and off you go. When finished for the day just switch to the under bonnet tank and flush the system.

There are ample instructions, plans and photo's on this site of many different setups, all you have to do is look and then ask questions if you have problems.
        Like Alga, we’re happy to help. We know good stuff. Given you’re in WA please check our little support group at www.WARFA.asn.au and we can help you face to face. I know these engines very well.
        Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
        12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
        Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80°C output, 12mm fuel lines
        Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
        Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Comment

Working...
        X