Thread: New Holden Colorado on Bio

New Holden Colorado on Bio

I will be picking up the colorado next week, brand new !!! I will be running it on 25% to start with, see how it goes then after the 3000 service will go to
    50 % then we will see.
    I have run my 2006 Peugeot 307 2ltr common rail for 2 years on 100,in winter I go to 60-40, my Toyota land cruiser 1986 factory turbo for 200,000 klm with 100 bio, Both of which are for sale (anyone interested both in top condition !!!!)
    I also run a Ford courier table top common rail on 100bio all with no problems. I use the powder wash method (as posted in another forum) have done now for 2 years with no problems.
    I am posting this as I woulod like to know if there is anyone else out there that has used Bio in a new car. I know there will be problems with waranty if I have a fuel or
    pump problem, I have read the fine print and it does't say that I can't use Bio Diesel in the Holden. I have made Bio now for nearly 12 years , no doubt we still learn but now
    I will be using an engine that is the latest Tech, it is a bigger gamble
    What are the views from other forum members.

Re: New Holden Colorado on Bio

I have run my 2006 Musso on B100 from new. I even had the Throttle position sensor replaced under warranty with NO issues.
    When the mechanic came out to talk to me he said "is that your car that is running Biodiesel?"
    And I told him all about making and using biodiesel.

Of course it is the idi Mercedes diesel with an inline injector.

Quote Originally Posted by tillyfromparadise View Post
    I have run my 2006 Musso on B100 from new. I even had the Throttle position sensor replaced under warranty with NO issues.
    When the mechanic came out to talk to me he said "is that your car that is running Biodiesel?"
    And I told him all about making and using biodiesel.

Of course it is the idi Mercedes diesel with an inline injector.
    I will be taking the car to my diesel mechanic guys for service while in warranty , they don't know much about the Bio other what I tell them but they see the cars purrrrrring and they are impressed !!!
    Don't have to go to Holden they charge to much anyway. Thanks for the reply

Digging this thread up from the grave - how is your Colorado going, and what sort of blend did you end up running?
    Assume it would have the Duramax motor?