Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Musso Fuel Gauge stuck at 3/4 tank

Cool Re: Musso Fuel Gauge stuck at 3/4 tank

Fuel tank senders not reading correctly on vehicles using veggie seems common on a number of threads.
    Comments advising improvement once using a blend with biodiesel (solvent) etc makes me wonder as to a build up of dried oil being removed from the resistor board?
    Maybe those of us using wvo / wvo blends should use an occasional splash of a solvent in our mix?
    EG
    White spirit
    turps
    Biodiesel
    Petrol
    Metho
    Methanol

Personally I’m happy staying away from the hazardous chemicals used making biodiesel (small 3rd degree burn from a light touch of meth oxide on a hose), but drying and filtering wvo (sushi shops have almost no fats in it), add 5% petrol, an occasional dash of turps, white spirits, suits me fine.

Stay safe comrades
    Harvey
    1983 BJ42 Landcruiser
    1997 C250TD Mercedes-Benz

Re: Musso Fuel Gauge stuck at 3/4 tank

After I posted that my sender got stuck after a few months on WVO I took it out (Very easy in Musso) and cleaned electric board with soft tooth brush and methanol. It worked fine again. It has only been a few weeks so far.

Don't feel inclined to add anything to my WVO tho. I have an Elsbett single tank system.
    Will see how long fuel sensor keeps working.
    Jim

Re: Musso Fuel Gauge stuck at 3/4 tank

Great to hear of your success Jim.
    I often wonder as to whether the “dried build up of veggie oil” I get around my storage and filtering equipment represents the inside of my fuel tank? If so, is it creating a build up that will eventually “let go” and block up the fuel line?
    I’m into in how your elsbett system goes long term as it’s 100% veggie. Will any build up on surfaces of tanks or lines be inhabiting. Let us know.

Kind regards Harvey
    Harvey
    1983 BJ42 Landcruiser
    1997 C250TD Mercedes-Benz