Thread: Coolant sensor location 1HDT

Coolant sensor location 1HDT

Hi Guys,
    We have just replaced my 1HZ with the 1HDT and struggling to locate the water temp sensor. It's not so convenient located on the upper radiator hose like the 1HZ.
    Would anyone be so kind and point us in the right direction. Many thanks and have a great afternoon.

Jens
    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)
    1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank.
    Lots of K's on BIO and on WVO

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Re: Coolant sensor location 1HDT

G'day Jens, you'll find it on the right side of the oil filter, just under the manifold. Can be hard to see as the fuel lines are above it. You'll have to take the oil filter out to get to it, same if you want to get to the oil pressure switch. Have to put a new oil pressure switch in mine, just waiting to oil change time to do it.

Thanks Alga, much appreciated.
    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)
    1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank.
    Lots of K's on BIO and on WVO

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Jens, you may find after a while you will have fuel blockages from the main tank, you can't fix them by draining the tank as there is a box type thing in the fuel tank which the pickup sits in, it's separate from the rest of the tank and sits above the drain plug. The crud released from the tank by the VO builds up in that box and creates fuel blockages in my experience. I took the fine filter off the pickup but that didn't help, so drilled a hole in the box through the drain plug, which allows me to drain the crud as well. I'm just about to replace the 55lt subtank with a 175lt tank and will use my 5.3lt purge tank for starting and stopping. Have been using the subtank for BD/dino, Once get the big tank in, will fill both tanks with VO giving me 185lt of vo to run round on. Have found a $13 ebay push pump placed where the fuel line comes into the engine bay has saved me heaps of mucking round when get a fuel blockage, for some reason just switching tanks doesn't work for me even when using the return line and have to undo the throw away filter then use the push pump to push fuel through. It happened again today when coming back from Hobart and is a real piss off, but will make me install the new tank and put the spare wheel carrier on. I've got a spare wheel carrier with two jerry can holders, so can carry vo in those as well, giving me a really long range. Was going to replace the main 95lt tank with a 145lt tank, but decided to put twin jerry can holders on the spare wheel carrier, which will gives me 10 lt less than a new tank, which would have cost $1200.