Thread: Forum Move Feb 2019

Forum Move Feb 2019

Hi All,

This site will be migrated to a new host today 27/2/19. Downtime should be minimal and if we're lucky, should come back the same way it was, so please don't stress if you see it down.

Robert
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Re: Forum Move Feb 2019

OK, appears to be moved OK for now. Will check everything. Might do some minor upgrades over the next few days as well.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

BTW - I've now forced the forum to run as HTTPS instead of HTTP. It should not make much of a different to anyone apart from maybe less complaints about things being insecure and maybe you'll also see a little green padlock icon next to the site name in your browser. I should have done this a long time ago as google had been listed the site as insecure and therefore scoring it down and not giving it any search priority. Also the ads I had in here (which paid for the hosting) have stopped working completely, so all fees come out of my personal pocket at the moment! Anyway, I will work on getting some of this back in place, so please be patient and hopefully it will not cause any disruption.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Robert,

I am happy to donate, I tried to a while ago, but it was disabled. if you get this feature up I will flick you a few dollars in return for all the great help I have had over the years.
    Regards,

Cade.

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100 (1HD-FTE) 20,000 on bio
    2006 Ford Courier(WLT Motor), 10,000 on bio
    2002 Landcruiser HZJ105r (1HZ motor) 250,000 on bio (sold)
    2006 Mazda B2500 (WLT motor) 80,000 on bio (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincademan View Post
    Robert,

I am happy to donate, I tried to a while ago, but it was disabled. if you get this feature up I will flick you a few dollars in return for all the great help I have had over the years.
    Thanks Cade, appreciate that, but don't worry. The ads pay a dribble (and I think I've got them working again) and it's around about enough to cover the basics or domain renewals, hosting, software, etc. I disabled the donate a while back as I didn't think it fair to take donations and have the ads.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.