Thread: Sealer recommendation

Sealer recommendation

Hi guys,

just as we’re getting ready for the big trip, I have discovered a leak in my fuel tank. The leak is in between the stainless steel pick up pipe and the aluminium tank. The pick up is a WVO design ‘Hotstick’ and I used the seal that came with it, which was a cork seal. This seems to have lost it’s fun and decided to leak.

My question is now, what sealant would you recommend?

I am tempted to get something out of a tube like a industrial silicone, there are gasket makers in tubes from the automotive shops. Or should I get a sheet of cork and replace the seal with that?

Thanks for you help as always

Jens
    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)

1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank. (Retired with 680.000ks on the clock mostly running on BIO and on WVO)

2006 Landcruiser Troopcarrier 1HZ with DTS Turbo Kit, 170ltr long range tank currently not converted, running on B100

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Re: Sealer recommendation

https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/sk/...ctite_567.html

Hi Jens,
    About time I made a contribution.
    I have been using "loktite 567" on bio processor screwed pipe fittings, good gap filling so threads can be a little slack and allowed to cure for at least 24 hours. The joint must be clean and dry before you start. Have a look at the specs on the above web site.
    Cheers
    Peter

Also have used "Boston Gas & Water sealant" from Bunnings. A sticky liquid , should be ok to use as a gasket as is the 567.
    $5.60
    Peter
    Last edited by Bigboy; 29th March 2019 at 08:33 PM.