Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a little tank for my buzzbox

Re: Need a little tank for my buzzbox

Tony, I live in Tas, we have no inspections and the local cop has seen my setup and was very impressed.

Conversely to diesel under the bonnet veg oil in the passenger compartment is just transporting food.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 190000km on WVO,(2019) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids heated filter, fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: no fuel mods except bigger fuel line from tank, running blend of 90% oil 10% petrol 11000km to date. Motor purrs but car has electrical gremlins

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnojack View Post
    Conversely to diesel under the bonnet veg oil in the passenger compartment is just transporting food.
    Too true. I hadn't thought of it like that. Not sure if you remember Johnnojack, I picked up a few drums of oil from you in 2010 on my way north to Darwin in my troopy. The next stop after you 500km later I picked up 800L... all stored in 20L drums in the back of the troopy. "Yes officer, it's 800L of food!" The things we do....

Yes I do remember you dropping in. Unfortunately I no longer have an excess of oil so can't offer any to passing forum members. Have lost my 2 largest suppliers to Oil guys or the like. While I have quite a few suppliers and many of them deliver they bring just a few 4 litre bottles. No oil to spare but happy to share a cuppa or a beer with anyone who would like to drop in.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 190000km on WVO,(2019) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids heated filter, fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: no fuel mods except bigger fuel line from tank, running blend of 90% oil 10% petrol 11000km to date. Motor purrs but car has electrical gremlins