Thread: Can you make bio with Frytol oil?

Question Can you make bio with Frytol oil?

Hello all, I have access to a large amount of Frytol Oil which is labeled as ďblended animal fatĒ. Can bio be made with this oil and has anyone ever done so if possible and got any tips? Iíve only ever made it from waste vegetable oil so Iím unsure if making it from blended animal fat is do-able.

Re: Can you make bio with Frytol oil?

Hi Jack,
    Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can make biodiesel from Frytol exactly like you make biodiesel from veg oil.
    As with any oil, the Frytol must remain liquid throughout the reaction.

Hi Jake, as Tilly said, thatís not a problem. The only thing you should keep in mind is that it will most likely set solid at lower temperatures, keep that in mind for winter.
    Also your glycerin will set solid pretty quick too, so you need to get it out of the processor pretty soon after the reaction. Using potassium hydroxide will slow that down, but I had it setting solid evens that.

good luck.

Jens
    Last edited by Bueff; 30th July 2019 at 09:36 PM.
    1990 Toyota Hilux LN106 with ATG 2 tank system (sold after running 150.000 ks on mainly WVO)
    1993 Toyota 75 Series with 1 HDT conversion, 75l factory tank and a custom 170l under tray tank.
    Lots of K's on BIO and on WVO

"him who never made a mistake, made no discovery either"

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your help.

Now that I know I can use it I’ll get it all and keep it aside for summer fuel.

Thanks again.

Plus you get those great cliplock lid tins too.

Make sure you titrated it and hence get your catylist proportion accurate. If you get some unconverted oil when converting liquid vege oil to bio it causes no harm but get some unconverted fat in your bio and you've got a problem.
    Johnnojack
    4WD Isuzu Jackaroo 3.1 190000km on WVO,(2019) 2 tank home built system 6 solenoids heated filter, fuel line and tank pickup for thicker oil. Mk. 9 version now and no changes planned
    Mercedes W201 190D 1986 model: no fuel mods except bigger fuel line from tank, running blend of 90% oil 10% petrol 11000km to date. Motor purrs but car has electrical gremlins