Thread: Indonesia goes to B50 next year

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Indonesia goes to B50 next year

i know they closed my original news thread down 12 years ago but I thought I would pass on the following:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...next-year.html

B50 by 2020 is an interesting goal. It will be interesting to see if there are issues in the newer CRDI systems.

Re: Indonesia goes to B50 next year

On the outside it looks all nice aand fuzzy.

BUT they are not talking about biodiesel. The are talking about CRUDE PALM OIL. This may not be such good news.

It is hard to determine exactly what they are doing. At first glance it appears that they are talking about Palm sourced Biodiesel, then blends of palm oil and finally back to palm oil biodiesel.
    I believe that they are talking about Palm sourced Biodiesel throughout the article, but it is written be someone who had poor grasp of what biodiesel actually is.
    Palm oil blends with diesel are not viable in the currently available vehicles without significant concerns.
    They then go on to discuss the EU bans on palm oil sourced biodiesel, which is what this article seems to be about.
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

I guess they want to go with what they have on hand. Makes sense but B50 is a huge step. They might have to develop/import special local market engines. Might be the rebirth if IDI!

Hi Chev28,

Quote Originally Posted by Chev28 View Post
    ... They might have to develop/import special local market engines. Might be the rebirth if IDI!
    The current emission standard for new diesel vehicles in Indonesia is Euro 2. This will increase to Euro 4 in 2021.
    As of 1 Jan 2017, diesel fuel is limited to 2500 ppm sulfur nationwide, while 500 ppm sulfur diesel is available in some jurisdictions.

You might find that all they need to do is be more honest in advising people which fuels actually work satisfactorily with newer diesel engines.

Yes, they reckon their tests have not found a problem with B30 and they will probably say the same with B50.

Assuming they are right, I guess it is up to manufacturers to update their owners handbooks and warranties for Indonesia.