Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current Biodiesel Suppliers in Sydney

Re: Current Biodiesel Suppliers in Sydney

Robert,

Just signed up to the forum. I sighted a biodiesel supplier in Narrandera - opposite the railway station - as I passed through today. I was unaware of any retail outlets until sighting that one. I am unclear on the details (ie B100, B50 etc), but the staff gave me a glossy leaflet from a group called Green Petroleum operating out of West Numurkah, VIC. The leaflet has a statement from "Bio-diesel Australia" (nfi) backing the product. The fuel was retailing for $1.24/l as opposed to $1.40 for petroleum diesel. I have found no further info on the net regarding this service station or the supplier.

Thanks Priceyoz for the info. There seem to be a few of these biodiesel suppliers popping up with seemingly no real details backing them on where they got it, whether it meets spec etc. I do not know of any supplier, or organisation called "bio-diesel Australia", but there seem to be new ones popping up all the time. Problem is that none of them seem to have any web presence and some of them cannot even be tracked down with a phone listing in the white pages. This worries me a little. Are there any phone numbers or web addresses in the brochure? Could you scan a copy of the brochure for us here? I will attempt to track it down if you can get me some more info.

Cheers,
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Hi Guys,

I have just filled my Toyota Hilux up and to my suprise found I had just purchased Biodiesel, I admit I bought purely on price $1.26.9 before I noticed a sign informing me of the Biodiesel.

I did a bit of research to see what it was I had purchased and found this site.

The Garage in question is a Volume Plus outlet next to The Sharks Stadium on Captain Cook Drive Cronulla.

Now I know what it is, I'll use it for a while and see what benefits there are other than financial.

Cheers Bob.

Brilliant Bob. Seems that there are a few stations popping up in the South now selling biodiesel, which is very good news. Still, I'd really love to know more about where they get the supply from, what blends they are selling it at, whether it is made to Australian Spec and what sort of consumer guarantees they have in place. If anyone buys biodiesel from a servo, could you please see if they can give you any info about it (as above) or even better, the name and number of the producer that supplies them? I'd like to compile a list of the Servos in Sydney that sell it and info about what people are getting. If I can contact their supplier, they may be able to give me this info.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

The name of the supplier to the Narrandera service station is Green Petroleum. They have produced a glossy brochure extolling the virtues of biodiesel, but have no web presence. The address details are:

Saxton St
    West Numurkah, VIC
    Ph (03) 5862 1900
    Fax (03) 5862 1612

(edited by Robert - I've now also added the brochure you sent me in here as an attachment too)
    Last edited by Robert; 21st March 2006 at 10:21 PM.

Does anyone know of a Biodiesel supplier on the Northern Beaches??

21 stations now selling B50?

I've just got some inoformation this morning on the mystery stations around Sydney that are selling biodiesel - You can find the info in the industry forum under this thread
    Once I've got some confirmations about it all, then I'll fix up the list at the start of this thread. Any other reports that anyone else has would be welcome.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

Biodiesel in the South Coast,

Most of what has been said so far seems true, my local 'Volume Plus' servo up at Milton, near Ulladulla, does not advertise this but they are selling a 40 Blend (the owner called it)??. There is a very small notice on the only diesel bowser that says this diesel is a biodiesel blend, the owner said all 'Volume plus' Diesel is a blend at the moment. He didn't really know anything more about it. I was wondering...would this be similar to, or is it the same as B40?? 'Rumours' are it is made from canola, so it has no WVO, Ideally i would like to use some sort of mix like B80 throughout winter but i am happy using something close to B50?? Does anyone have anything else to add on this issue

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren, glad to hear that you can still get some biodiesel down south in some form...

I'd heard that they were selling B50, but it is all rumours still. Check out the Future Fuels thread in the Industry section.

There have been mixed reports of the Volume Plus servos, from no biodiesel to some biodiesel. Hopefully we can all nut out a definative list between ourselves. When I get some time during the day, I might try and call someone in charge @ Volume Plus and see if I can get some real answers. If anyone else feels like doing this and reporting back - please do.
    Robert.
    Site Admin.

I fill with B50 at Volume plus just North of Holbrook on H31 when travelling between Melb to Canberra. Open approx 7:00 am to 7:00 pm which is not what their website says. The owner has a string of outlets in Southern NSW and a processing plant at Moama using Canola. My little Daihatsu Rocky loves the stuff. Their web site is www.volumeplus.com.au. Not sure where to post this as it could be of use to NSW, Victorian and Canberra travellers. Would love them to open an outlet accessible to Canberra.