Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Vehicles converted and successfully running on WVO

Re: Vehicles converted and successfully running on WVO

I haven't visited this forum for a while and it's interesting to see how apparently popular VO fuels remain. Vehicles that can use them are becoming aged as there hasn't been any breakthroughs I have found with using them in common rail engines. That leaves us with vehicles older than 2005 basically. Never- the-less I have persevered and currently am running 2 very successful non-turbo Mitsubishi Tritons. These vehicles have both been very reliable (with proper attention) and are used daily in a 40km each way daily commute(one for over 200,000 km,think about the cost savings in that!). A couple of years ago I did have one failure in a '96Toyota 2.4 litre turbo diesel Cresta sedan(kind of Cressida sort of thing) that I plugged a way at for a year before I gave up and called a dead loss. Nice car but too many electronics issues. When it ran, it responded well to the VO.

An interested person is looking to convert his Land cruiser with a 2 tank system.

I do not know of anyone who has done this conversion let alone any comments on its suitability / long term issues.
    Alexander Noac (http://www.greasenergy-shop.com) doesn't have a kit for them.

Does anyone know of anyone who has converted a Toyota Landcruiser V8 common rail diesel to run on veggie oil?

Regards,
    Tony
    Life is a journey, with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, experiences to enjoy.

Current Vehicles in stable:
    '06 Musso Sports 4X4 Manual Crew Cab tray back.
    '04 Rexton 4X4 Automatic SUV
    '2014 Toyota Prius (on ULP) - Wife's car

Previous Vehicles:
    '90 Mazda Capella. (2000 - 2003) My first Fatmobile. Converted to fun on veggie oil with a 2 tank setup.
    '80 Mercedes 300D. 2 tank conversion [Sold]
    '84 Mercedes 300D. 1 tank, no conversion. Replaced engine with rebuilt OM617A turbodiesel engine. Finally had good power. Engine donor for W123 coupe. (body parted out and carcass sold for scrap.)
    '85 Mercedes Benz W123 300CD Turbodiesel
    '99 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my darling Wife's car)[sold]
    '98 Mercedes W202 C250 Turbodiesel (my car)[sold]
    '06 Musso Sports Crew Cab well body. [Head gasket blew!]
    '04 Rexton SUV 2.9L Turbodiesel same as Musso - Our Family car.
    '06 Musso sports Crew Cab Trayback - My hack (no air cond, no heater).

Searching the Biofuels Forum using Google
    Adding images and/or documents to your posts

Tony,

I did a bit of deeper searching, and I have found he DOES do a kit for the common rail Toyota's. I'd heard stories of the crack finally been able to to be made of the Toyota Denso ECU for performance tuning, but hadn't seen results of it, nor seen Alexanders development in this area. But he's done it, and is selling kits for common rail Toyota's

On his site at http://www.greasenergy-shop.com/epag...TA/Landcruiser check the 70 series and scroll down for the 4.5 litre V8 and there it is in either single or two tank systems.

Also available are kits for the Hilux D4D common rail

This is wonderful news for owners of the newer style engines, especially those such as the Landcruiser Hilux Prado without a DPF already fitted.

Alexander is coming to Perth in June and it will be very interesting to hear of these advancements.

Tim
    Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
    12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
    Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80C output, 12mm fuel lines
    Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
    Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Hi Tim Tell me about your 12 mm fuel hoses?Right thru from the tank?Would you use the old supply line as a return?Cheers Peter

Yes.
    It's about managing flow from reduced viscosity; that's the challenge. Return flow is warmed and under pressure therefore a larger pipe has lesser importance
    Toyota Landcruiser 1988 HJ61 Manual Wagon
    12H-T turbo Direct Injection.
    Twin Tank setup runs on 100% WVO after warm up. 30 plate FPHE with 80C output, 12mm fuel lines
    Start up and shut down electric fuel pump feeds IP direct.
    Front 4WDSytstems Lokka, Rear ARB airlokka for quick escapes up sandhills. Performance GTurbo with 600mm FMIC gives 450nm @ 1700rpm at 20psi boost.

Gentlemen,
    I may be a newbie on this forum but I have been a practicing mechanic for 35 years. I have used nothing but svo for the last 9 years and I am overwhelmingly a convert. While I would love to be able to run a newer vehicle I must caution against premature experimentation with common rail diesels. In my daily work I hear regularly of seriously expensive repairs($8000+) needing to be carried out on common rail diesels running on (real)diesel; I shudder to think of the damage that might be caused by an insufficiently researched or poorly thought out system. While the kits may be available does anyone know if there has been a successful modification running long enough to achieve some reliable data. I can't find any data on that website with proof of concept and I can't find anything reliable anywhere else either. I would not want to be the individual having to foot the bill for the research and development for this product. If I am wrong I wish this guy nothing but success and I will (after a suitable proving period) be seeking him out for a kit but I must stress caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HJ61 View Post
    Tony,

I did a bit of deeper searching, and I have found he DOES do a kit for the common rail Toyota's. I'd heard stories of the crack finally been able to to be made of the Toyota Denso ECU for performance tuning, but hadn't seen results of it, nor seen Alexanders development in this area. But he's done it, and is selling kits for common rail Toyota's

On his site at http://www.greasenergy-shop.com/epag...TA/Landcruiser check the 70 series and scroll down for the 4.5 litre V8 and there it is in either single or two tank systems.

Also available are kits for the Hilux D4D common rail

This is wonderful news for owners of the newer style engines, especially those such as the Landcruiser Hilux Prado without a DPF already fitted.

Alexander is coming to Perth in June and it will be very interesting to hear of these advancements.

Tim