Thread: Please help

Please help

I have made 200 lites of biodiesal with littel to no problems in wormer wether at 40 liter at a time. I have just made 80 liters that looks like creem What have i done wrong

Re: Please help

Hi Stephen, I think what Joe could mean or hope he means, is perhaps some more detail would help us comment. Maybe your proceedure and photos of a sample of the batch.
    Regards
    Annatex

the process i use is one i found on the net.
    the recipee i have used sucsesfully a couple of times. yet this time i have recived a diffrent result. during the washing stage it seems to have absorbed the water and even when left over night there is still no sign of seperation. is it possible that i could have agitated it to much? i have used an old clothes washing machine for this step. i did not have the washer in the past. the only other thing that is diffrent this time is on one of the old oil drums it has cotton seed oil labeled on the side. would this make a diffrance?
    i have tried to boil a small amount to see if i can remove the water. it tends to show a small amount of oil but still retains the water.

Stephen, we need to know the detail of your process:
    Amount of oil, Titration value, amount of methanol, amount of caustic (NaOH or KOH?).
    \
    Washing?

Did you say that you washed it in a washing machine?

OOPS!!!
    First wash should be done GENTLY!!! to avoid making an emulsion.

Search this forum for "emulsion". There are many ways iof breaking an emulsion; copious amounts of water, draining off only the very bottom layer in between refills; adding salt; remixing in the whole amount of byproduct; adding acid; etc.

Read about them here.

Regards,
    Tony