Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: waste glycerol wanted

waste glycerol wanted

Anyone out there in NSW, probably small co-ops, with several thousand liters and a continuing supply of untreated crude glycerol/glycerin fraction they need to get rid of? I have a project source that may be able to help.

PS As a broader request, perhaps we could establish a group of small co-op or larger homebrew producers for the on going collection of waste glycerol to bulk collection points and transport for disposal/refinement. General idea would be to have a nocost to the producer system, where your waste could be sent for enviro sustainable disposal/refinement.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome

Also, I am keen to know where people currently dispose of or how they are using their waste glycerol fraction?
    Last edited by Hoppy; 31st May 2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Broader request

Re: waste glycerol wanted

hey hoppy
    i dump mine but would much prefur to give to someone that would use it. a few friends have the same dramas with disposal.
    i don't think that we have the qtys your after. the only way i can see it working is you supplying a drop point somewhere in sydney (maybe a mechanics shop??) for biodieselers to dump at. anyhow we would all love to help you (and us) the best we can.
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW

A dropoff point could be a possibility. would need a semi secure place where it could be reasonably assured that nothing else would be added, a sympathising mechanic shop or similar would be perfect.

I know i was asking for relatively large quantities, but collectively, reasonable volumes may be obtainable. I need to gauge just how much is out there from homebrewers and small co-ops

Hoppy

glycerol is about 20% of your volume produced. the worse the oil the more glycerol is produced. so worst case (for You) 1000 litres of biodiesel will have a waste glyerol amount of 200litres minimum.

so i would have about 120L a month.
    Cheers
    Nick.
    Harold 2002 Toyota Landcruiser 105 series. 4.2lt turbo glide turbo, Too lazy to make bio nowdays times money. 3'' lift.

Roidio 2001 Holden Rodeo 4x4 2.8L TD. 2.5" exhaust sytem, H/E shower system. 4" Lift, Airbags, And lots of fruit, B100 for 55,000 . SOLD

Elsa 1983 Mercedes-Benz W123 300D. Still The Fastest Merc in Oz, Self built and Female proofed. COUSINS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    Anyone out there in NSW, probably small co-ops, with several thousand liters and a continuing supply of untreated crude glycerol/glycerin fraction they need to get rid of? I have a project source that may be able to help.

Sounds too good to be true to.
    Fitian
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Fitian View Post
    Sounds too good to be true to.
    Too good to be true that someone wants the glycerine?

It is a product that does have some use with further processing, and it surely would be better to use it productively rather than just adding it to the waste stream.
    If I can find enough producers to fill 44gal drums or 1000L IBCs that can be collected on a regular basis, say weekly or monthly, then it would be worth my while to provide the container at the chosen depot and arrange transport.

Thats not too good to be true is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
    I have a project source that may be able to help.
    Would you care to explain more about this project please?

Regards
    Fitian
    <><

com''mon sydney biodieselers get here now and help this guy out he wants the stuff you hate. state your qty a month and where would suit you to drop it off at.
    Cheers
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by RODEONICK View Post
    he wants the stuff you hate..
    This is exactly what I mean Nick. It sounds too good to be true to me since the reason is not explained.

I do not make bio but I know that waste glycerol is the one thing you hate about making it. I only want to understand what is it going to be used for. is it a secret?

Regards
    Fitian
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Fitian View Post
    I only want to understand what is it going to be used for. is it a secret?

Regards
    I personally don't care what he does with it. not my business at all. He is going to stop people dumping it in landfill or down drains so it has to be better for the environment IMO.

so once again sydney producers put your hand up and help this guy help you!!
    or do you all have some secret disposal method that i'm unaware of??
    Cheers
    Nick.